• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Possible photo contest entries

Hey fellow photo gurus, its that time of the year again for the UWSP college of Natural Resources photo contest. Its a small contest of students in the college who enjoy nature and photography and professionals of any kind are not permitted. The best in show (based on number of votes from other students)takes home $50 and the top vote getter in each category takes $25. I do it just to display some of what I enjoy and if I pick up anything its an extra plus. The last few years I have done relatively well (best in show 2 years ago a first in flora last year)and thanks to you guys you have helped me pick some of my top work. Again this year there are three categories (flora, fauna, and landscape). I have included a couple possible entries for each category and what I am asking from you is a favorite in each of the categories and if you feel so inclined possible titles for the entries. Thanks!

Flora #1

Phragmitiesinthewind.jpg

Flora #2

FallBirch.jpg

Fauna #1

loon.jpg

Fauna #2

LesserScaup3.jpg

Fauna #3

LesserScaup2.jpg

Fauna #4

LesserScaup1.jpg

Fauna #5

RedFoxkit.jpg

Landscape #1

MarshMoonrise.jpg

Landscape #2

RefugePool.jpg

Landscape #3

FallatJoanis.jpg

Nice work, thanks for sharing these. I have a tie in the flora catagory. They both peak interest for me. I prefer Fauna #5. Maybe the best focus and rarest sight. I'm leaning towards landscape #3. They all could maybe use something in the foreground, but still pretty cool.

landscape #1. Nice soft light and muted colors. Its a picture that invites you to step into it and relaxe. The fall color shot is good but shots like this are a dime a dozen and the judges will see a lot of them, number one is different enough to catch their eye

Thanks all for the recommendations. It was a tough decision and to be honest I like them all so I could care less if I win or not. I enjoy taking them more and being outside anyways. I am not a photographer for the publicity or recognition anyways. I printed off 8x10s of Flora #2, Fauna #5, and Landscape #1 and matted them. I will see what happens on Friday. Thanks again!