• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

And your 2011 Hobey Baker winner is...

solbes

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was Patricia Olson. (stinking UND Alum)

Her older brother Steve Olson (34) was a big football and Baseball player ended up at Jamestown, I think all american in both.

A sister Penny Olson too.

There moms been at the Harvey state bank for like 40 years.

There farms are, Wellsburg is right on the edge of the little town going east. Backs up to the tracks and goes to the first road out of town.

Anamoose, they are right on the highway. the little town leads north. And they own the farm and and Pond south.

The other 2 farms are just east of Harvey.

Your fessadon wife was proballs a sister of my inlaw.

Last name Prom, I think there are like 6 of them.

Scott, I remember the Proms well. I actually worked for Al at the lumber yard for a short time. Never married one of his daughters, though.

The Olsons ring a bell, but sounds like they are 15 years younger then me, so I'd be between generations there.

Been to Wellsburg, and all those other tiny burgs around the area like Sykeston and Bowdon and Hurdsfield and Hamburg and such. smile

Als a pretty good guy, Ive had a few coronas with him.

Yah, there are a lot of little towns without reason up there. Nice hunting land, for everything. Shot a ton of roosters and huns up there this winter.

Small world.

I saw a sad story on Yahoo today about the sister of the Schwartz brothers who play for CC.

She died this week of cancer. She is a hockey player for Yale and was just 23 years old. Sad story for a very talented family.

Would have been quite the touching story if the brothers could have gotten a frozen 4 bid together. I guess it is probably a good thing that CC lost so that they can be uninterrupted with their family now though.

Jordan Leopold.....with more goals than any other teams entire defensive core combined.....Oh wait that was 8 years ago. the gophs have since hired John Hill and become the worst d squad in the league.

Maybe the comments got deleted, I didnt see anything. Maybe a few ignorant Sioux fans that must think the award is just based on scoring goals......

I dont know if Frattin was even a complete player, I dont know if miele was either. I do know that it shouldnt come as a surprise that frattin didnt win. There is obvious reason.

I thought he would win, but Im not surprised he didnt.

]Brooks how was hunting.

Any Blues mixed in.

It wasn't bad. We went down south of Valley city and work our way back to Grand Forks. We just jump feilds all the way back. between three of us we got 29. i think 7 or 8 were blues. Got very muddy but it was a blast.

It wasn't bad. We went down south of Valley city and work our way back to Grand Forks. We just jump feilds all the way back. between three of us we got 29. i think 7 or 8 were blues. Got very muddy but it was a blast.

Sounds really great. You definitely had a better time than the rest of us Sioux fans. smile

I'll be doing the ducks/pheasants/grouse this fall. I really like the spring hunting season. It gives you something to do until open water season.

You notice we haven't heard from Bryce. I know where he's at.

Go dogs.

Pretty slow. Got out here and was set up waiting for south wind to push up some juvies Thursday. Got south wind prediction right, missed on new birds. Able to hunt A field. Backup fields normally 5 minutes away would now take most of an hour to get to due to all the flooding. Almost have hunting shack plumbing redone. Have to cut trip short and return tomorrow. Interupted by work.

Got to watch embarrassment at Angry Beaver. Next year.