• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

frabill hub house??

Grubstake

just make sure that it is a square one and not a rectangle. those can be a bugger to set up and take down. but I love my quickfish3. 2min or less to set up. 2 min or less to take down. and find some indoor/outdoor carpet for a floor or marine carpet. it's nice to have some footing when next to spear hole.

it's 60" x 60" x 67", I am thinking the black canvas would be better than the Eskimo????

Eskimo has a dark inner liner so the light doesn't come in. I don't know how any other brands of hub style hold up but my eskimo has been set up over 100 times now and still takes the abuse. I got to hand it to em for their zipper durability on the doors too.

One word of caution on the Frabills. I have the base camp and like to use it for spearing, plenty of room. but I have had several hubs break through the nylon or whatever the material is around the hub and then the hub and the 4 rods fall out. This didn't happen till its second season of use. And I was able to fix one with a washer, but it made it hard to fold up because the washer is kinda big. Just thought I'd let you know, but maybe you've bought one already. Other than that problem I really like the house.

EDIT

Just talked to cust. service at frabill and they said to send it in and look it over and if it looks to be "defective" Which it obviously was they would replace it, which would be nice. So we will see how that turns out.

i have an AP outdoors XI3 which would be better for spearing than my spearhouse. Its same size as the frabil, but has a few different features, for one the fabic itself is heavier, and 2 the zipper configuration is a tad different. For about the same money. And would recommend one anytime.

Reeds also stocked the XI3 but you may want to call them first as they didnt have them when I was there last. the internet said they had them in stock and showed up they were out. Emails take about a week before they respond

best of luck on you search

Sounds like pretty good customer service!

Just wanted to up date ya'll. I sent in my broken Frabill to their headquarters a few weeks ago. Well today UPS dropped off a nice white box, and inside was a brand new ice house, same model and everything. I was just expecting them to fix it. Only cost to me was to ship it to them, and I included a little note saying what was wrong with it. I give 2 thumbs up to frabill for their cust. service!