• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final Five

titelines

I thought the Beavers took it to them in the first part of the game and outplayed DU. I didn't see the end of the game - I wonder if the Beavers lost their legs.

BSU was outmatched and out skilled, which showed from the 2nd period onward. Great run by

BSU . . . now . . . let's go Sioux!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to rent somebodys kid to show me how to access my funnies from this thing and then go online with it.

Snows in nodak is a ways out. Mid next week predicting single digits. Shoot em right before corn planting if you have that option. Wish I did.

Did I mention that the CC cheerleaders looked a little rough around the edges? wink

Great game last night. I wasn't sure who I was rooting for, but had a good time watching. CC is really a pretty good team with a healthy J Schwartz. They are losing a few Seniors, but should have a great core of guys coming back next year. Howe is a sophomore, the better part of their 1st line is young, and Guentzel is a Junior.

Some of the reffing seemed pretty bizarre this tournament. You can outright haul a guy down in front of a ref, but an inadvertant raise of the stick gets you 2 minutes and a seat at the end of a game?

Yah, refs were way off. Coulda called the Sioux on some of the softies that they had been calling earlier, also a CC penalty or two.

Kind of a scary checking from behind play. If he woulda been another 6"es to a foot from the boards, might have been a injury.

I didnt like the call on the short handed goal. I didnt think it was a penalty, more of dive, which if it wasnt a penalty it would have been no goal. I didnt replay it or anything tho.

Good game, thought the UND first line was pretty slow most of the game. CC looked good at times.

]

I didnt like the call on the short handed goal. I didnt think it was a penalty, more of dive, which if it wasnt a penalty it would have been no goal. I didnt replay it or anything tho.

Your not talking about the play Frattin was taken down? For the most part the refs let the game get pretty pyhsical. I don't think UND should get in that habit when next week comes around. I also thought the hitting from behind shouldn't of been a major. Of course I might be a little bias.

Yah. Looked like classic nodak diving on it. I didn't rewind and really look hard tho. I like the refa letting stuff go. Just wish it was consistent. I was up in the air about the major. At first I thought it shoulda been 2 mins. But on the replay it was just stupid. There wasn't an turn or anything. He just came up and hit him from behind. Dumb play. I hate the checks from behind. I never got someone in my whole career. We knew bette. You have to make a decision to hit em.

Green goggle alert . . . The 5 min check from behind, should have been a 2 min - Guenzel "embellished" a little. Their were some other poor calls and no calls as well.

Should be an interesting game tonight. Maybe we'll even see Gwoz do his dasher dance?

FSN announcers must have some rule that they have to be homers for whoever is playing the Sioux.

I thought the major call was just OK. Not a bad call but Nelson was in the act of hitting him already when he turned away - Nelson let off but he still hit him square in the back.

The refs are terrible tonight again. I can't believe how little UND has to do to get a penalty and then DU can push and hit after the whistle and get nothing. Brutal. The matching minors at the end of the 2nd was just over the top.

All that said though - UND has looked a lot better this year than last night and tonight. I hope this style of play ends this weekend and they can do something in the NCAAs.