• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see your Sights

Sounds like a timing issue. Just keep tweaking with it until you get it to work. I'd set the rest closest to the riser/shelf as you can and then just time the cord until it clears. You could give Starrflight a call direct too - I've heard they're very helpful.

Ripcord_FOB.jpg

I think SNS and Schmoe147 are the same guy...He just starts threads so he can show off his new bow all the time! lol

Kiddin aside though...SNS--- Is there a difference in the "big wheel" on the side like you have vs. the ones with the littler knob? I wish I had better terms for these things...

It can't be... this schmoe character is looking at Hoyt's! I didn't want to post it but he asked nicely twice in the same post - I really had no option. grin

The small knob is used on the Optimizer Lite models. The "big wheel" is used on the Ultras.

Small:

ol5019.jpg

Big:

ds-5019.jpg

Clear as mud?

Black Gold Flash Point.

full-20096-6523-bow_sight_flashpoint_pho

In low light, FlashPoint's PhotoChromatic shell self-adjusts to clear, thus allowing in maximum light.

In bright sunlight, the shell darkens, blocking UV light so pins don't get too bright.

Yes, I do have a 5 pin, 20-60 yards. I shoot summer leagues and a lot of 3D shoots and need the extra pins for that.

Here is a picture of mine. I was shooting a Tru Glow 5 pin but I didn't like how big the pins were so I switched to this one. It is so adjustable its amazing. This is the TRU Ball Armour Tech with 5 pins. They make a 7 pin and with my Mathew's first pin is at 20 yards I cannot justify more pins then 5 and technically I do not even use the 5th pin and maybe in the future I will but in 99.9% of my hunting I wont be shooting over 40 yards.

full-9938-6524-armortech.jpg

Quote:
Does it make a difference at all between the small or big adjustment? I know theres other differences like the HD, but just curious about the big/small adjustment thing...

With the dial, the yardage range is spread out over a greater area. It makes it a little easier when adjusting yardages. They both do the same thing. It's all personal preference to which one you like.

hha_optimizer_sights.jpg

It can't be... this schmoe character is looking at Hoyt's! I didn't want to post it but he asked nicely twice in the same post - I really had no option. grin

Dont worry just got back from shooting a few bows I had in mind and the Z9 will be going with me hunting this year. WOW is it smooth. 304FPS set-up not bad either. I was a little worried about string angle with the shorth ATA but with my 32"DL it wasnt a problem. Now I just have to decide between camo with yellow or blacked out with yellow