• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dish network

mnguy152

It went up for everybody. You can call them and cancel those "free" starz channels and they will take $5 off your bill. They tried charging me a $5 late fee before the bill was due. The got a very bleepin bleep phone call from me and when they took the 5 bucks off i asked why my bill was $5 more. He told me everybodys went up but i can lower it by getting rid of the free movie channels for the 12 months. Rotten buggers

Here is a good one for you:

We made the threat to switch last fall. Oh no, they said, we will cut your bill by $10/month and give you a free upgrade to a DVR unit. OK, we said, let's do it, the installers came mid-November, everything working great.

Mid December we get a letter gently reminding us they have not yet received our old receivers. I called in and said the installers took them. No problem, we have them, we can't mark them returned until after inspection, don't worry about future letters.

January another more strongly worded letter comes along with a big box on UPS for returning. I call again, same thing, don't worry about it, enjoy your new coardboard box on us.

February 10 we get an official notice that they will be charging our auto transfer bank account an extra $100 on February 24 for the late fee for not returning the equipment. Call again, same song, don't worry about it, never fear.

On February 28, you can guess what happened to my bank account, $100 withdrawal from bank account by Dish. Call again, so sorry, we will issue the credit immediately. As of today, no return of funds.

I will give it until tomorrow and then cancel. I told them I expected some type of bill reduction, but we will see. Needless to say I am sorry we didn't switch when we had the chance.

DD

We had a call from Frontier last night. They wanted to bundle our phone, internet and satellite.

For $60 / month less, go ahead.

Where we live, and our satellite setup, we can't change (no other phone provider, happy with Dish) so we'll see how much of a cluster it turns into.

I even asked how much it would cost to cancel because I am on a contract and the soon to be ex is using the service they would not tell me.. Just kept on rambling about how there are fighting for the customer yada yada yada.. Just had direct sent the receiver back they apparntly look though what i had recorded and billed me for a paper view event that I ordered and apparantly did not pay for even though i am up to date on my bill. I don't know how thats possible. They said that because I did't have a phone line hooked up thats why but you can't order ppe without a phone line hmm

DISH Is terrible my contract is up April 1st,Same old thing with them call they tell you one thing, then in the mail here comes something contradictory! Call straighten it out on the phone,then the mail comes [PoorWordUsage]!

Direct TV for me April 2nd

We had a call from Frontier last night. They wanted to bundle our phone, internet and satellite.

For $60 / month less, go ahead.

Where we live, and our satellite setup, we can't change (no other phone provider, happy with Dish) so we'll see how much of a cluster it turns into.

Oh Oh I took a deal like that two years ago,What a cluster f---!! Bad billing prices going up call get it straightened then in the mail same problem.They never gave me the origional deal it went up the first billing and then they refused to cancel me out.I got abit angry.Tried the att.Gen.Fed communcations all to no avail I even had the original contraqct printed out and Frontier just told me they never had that deal. I had it printed out from their site and they refused to honor it!!! Never again dish is gone April 1 st when my contract is up frontier is gone! Bunch of lyin bastur---

I even asked how much it would cost to cancel because I am on a contract and the soon to be ex is using the service they would not tell me.. Just kept on rambling about how there are fighting for the customer yada yada yada.. Just had direct sent the receiver back they apparntly look though what i had recorded and billed me for a paper view event that I ordered and apparantly did not pay for even though i am up to date on my bill. I don't know how thats possible. They said that because I did't have a phone line hooked up thats why but you can't order ppe without a phone line hmm
Its going to cost you 15.00 a month that is left on your contract.Call Direct TV they had a deal cancel dish and they would cover up to 200.00 if fees owed to dish.I would have done but I was tied in through Frontier!!