• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spearfest recap

Gordie

They had a great turn out for this contest.

I'm thinking there was close to 200 poeple on the ice this year and I think they fill ed the contest with 150 people as well. I cant remember a contest of any sort that gives out a prize to everyone who entered and the MC, Scott puts on a show. He is the Highlight of the contest.If ddnt spear it I would come down just to see the raffle drawings and his antics.

The weather was outstanding a perfect day to stand outside and enjoy a minnesota

winter day.

There was quite a few pike speared this year and yours truley took home 5th place.

The fish that placed ranged from just a bit over 11 pounds to 7 pounds

It was great to see a bunch of HSO spearing guys there ,Dealer, Jr, behind the head,MJ, browning gold and deerhunter.

This event is always a fun time and the food is second to none this year chili, hotdogs and porkchops were on the menu and of corse adult beverages.

I would like to say thanks to all the people that speared this contest and this is the reason for spearing a long lived tradition which we spearfishermen and women love to particapate in.

I didn't make the weigh in had more important stuff at home too take care of but it was fun spearing with dealer,junior and MJ it was also alot of fun on the weeks before the contest when we were trying to find a lake. Congrats Elwood on 5th your going to have to start another line on your signiture. You may have spearfest again but I'm taking the turkey contest again shockedsmirk

Just rippen on ya bro thats what I'm here for.

Its like the last GTG I couldnt make it at the last min things came up kinda on the same lines as what your dealin with that 4 letter word work or so you can understand easier the 3 letter word Job laughlaugh