• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd North Shore Trail ride ( Canceled)

leech~~

Due to so many cancelations and other scheduling issues with some others, this ride will be canceled. frown

I am still up for a ride if anyone wants to meet up or if there is a group that will be riding in the area that wouldn't mind a Tag-a-long please send me a note. I sure would hate to miss a trail ride on some of the best snow we have had in years. Thanks. Leech~~ pineconesta at usfamily com

Wow no one is riding any where up north this weekend? confused

Yes, I am reduced to Begging! frown

I had this weekend marked for riding now every buddy I know has something else going on this weekend. I hate riding by myself and it's not always safe!

Please help a brother out! cry

Have trailer will travel! smile

leech good to meet you today. It was fun to get out. The north shore for another day. the loonasea run will ride again. Trails were great lakes were fast and the company was good. Now for sunday another day and anpther direction. Go west old man.

Our plans changed late last night when one of the guys had to back out unexpectedly, so we ended up going to the Twig store and leaving from there. What a great choice that turned out to be! The trails were as good as any I've seen for grooming and scenery. We pulled out around 8:30 and went east to the North shore trail, then turned off onto the Pequaywan trail up to Hoyt lakes. We were the first ones on freshly groomed trails for nearly 75 miles. From Hoyt Lakes we went north to Biwabik and did a small loop in that area and then took the Laurentian trail to Virginia. Headed back south through Eveleth back down to Gilbert and back to Twig, 221 miles total. This trip will go down in the books as "the great deer dodge" though, in those miles we saw approximately 100 or more deer. Many were yarding on the trails in large groups of 15 or more at a time, several smaller groups of 5 to 10, and a lot of pairs.

We may have seen you guys when we were leaving. Were you the three vehicles in the place across the highway from the Twig store?

Mac I was wondering if you might be starting out in Twig. I didn't ride(went fishing) but meet up with he crew in the morning at Bears Den. They went to Pequaywan and back.

I'll look out for the red dually for now on stop if I see you.

I might be a little bios but IMO, there is no need to trailer further North then Twig as the trails and woods are much the same and I'd rather ride North there then trailer North.

leech good to meet you today. It was fun to get out. The north shore for another day. the loonasea run will ride again. Trails were great lakes were fast and the company was good. Now for sunday another day and anpther direction. Go west old man.

Hey it was nice meeting you guys as well. Thanks for asking me along on the LoonAsea ride! Also, thanks to Al for being the trail guide for the day! I think he put on about twice the miles we did on the same trip, just bombing back and forth waiting for us to catch up or flying over every hill or dip he could find! laugh I had a great time and maybe next year we'll just call it the LoonAsea ride and maybe we'll get more people to join in! The trails where just about as nice as they could be. I'm sure this warm weather is going to take it's toll on them after this week! frown RipStick I will have to say that what you did to your sled seat was really SLICK! laugh I don't think you will be using that on it again if you want to stay on top of it! wink Here's a few shots of the gang! full-27051-5856-picture127.jpg

full-27051-5857-picture126.jpg

full-27051-5858-picture129.jpg

Leech ,,,,Did you find a new helmet at L&M????

We rode west sunday and put on as many miles as we did sat but the weather may take its toll on the trails this week ,,,Glad we got out when we did

No! frown L&M must close at about 6:00pm or so, not sure why they would close that early on a night when everyone would be out shopping? The mall area was a buzz of people. They are losing some cash closing that early. I maybe up that way again fishing the shore or some of the small lakes for Splake so I'll stop in again. Sounds like you guys had another good day riding. Post pic's if you took any! smile