• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

go to decoy

lardy21

when u find a spot that looks good get already what decoy do you grab first. mine is a 9" red and white with little black on it, with a spinner on the back. what is everybody else. post picks if you got any.

lardy

Usually the last one I bought. laugh

Other than that I have a few favorites.

My top decoys in no particular order are:

The natural northern I bought from Sham.

Anthony Grandbois 4 inch hot pink with perch stripes.

Any Laska decoy

Mike da Pike Silver Whitefish

Bear Creek golden pike

I hope to be lucky enough someday to get a hand carved worker from spearhead one day, but since I don't have a first born son, I will have to rely on a well timed gallon of brandy. laughwinkwhistle

On the lakes I spear long skinny decoys or decoys with perch stripes on them tend to be the best.

It used to be a red and white 4 inch northern till I lost it frown now I don't know what I'm going to do.

Swim? laugh

Don't feel bad there is a very nice Bru-ell siting on the lake bottom straight out from the landing on Spectical Lake in Isanti County. cry

Merk I thought you first and formost ran the HBS laugh

I too have one on the bottom of Big Lake when we had the first GTG bummer but I got over it with the HBS but still cant find the same one anywhere that I lost I can find body style but not color

Merk I thought you first and formost ran the HBS laugh

I havent used it yet this year but I'm waiting for the right moment

I didn't even have one this year until last weekend.

Everyone talks me out of them.. smile

I am set for this weekend though.

I need to take yours in and upgrade it for ya.

Yours would have frankenstein posts out each side so you can hook it up to your vex battery.

-Merk

1. Firetiger(scaled) First one I grab

2011-01-31213332.jpg

2011-01-31213428.jpg

2. Red and White(second one I grab)

2011-01-31213351.jpg

Both decoys I made myself and are 11" long by 4 1/2" wide at the fins( So much larger than the plastic bear creeks for you sarcastic guys out there). They glide at a slow to medium pace and jig really great.

These 2 decoys account for my top 3 biggest fish ever. And my wifes aswell.

Your spear hole is too big and we have too much ice forget it, besides I would have too borrow all your gear to cut it. laugh

You can borrow it for the rest of the year.

I have another one thats similar that seems to work just as well for me.

I hope to be lucky enough someday to get a hand carved worker from spearhead one day, but since I don't have a first born son, I will have to rely on a well timed gallon of brandy. laughwinkwhistle

Make it Whiskey and a guided trip to Rainy and I'll think about it. grin

Go to would have to be a Whitefish/Shiner/herring type anything silver and fork tailed

Had the most luck over the years with long skinny red and whites. Last couple of years a shinny gold pike shaped decoy has been hot. Don't know how to post a picture.

laskasmarine at yahoo dot com send me the pic and I can post anything for ya!