• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoy box?

Laska

Just wondering if anyone has made there own decoy box....

Spearhead I know you made one I need some ideas to go off of Im sick of my tote and I want to protect my deaks more and carry more in one container. I have the wood to make anything....

Any have pics n such...

Im thinking of lining individual trays, 3 or 4 layers of them and will have individual compartments for each decoy. It will be a flip top box and hold all my deaks, spinners and spoon and keep my phone dry.

I built a wood box w/ flip up top. a top tray like in a tackle box to keep my spinner and daredevils in. then when you lift out the top trays it looks like mail box slots or a tic tac toe board if u know what i mean. I sized them all the same so that they are big enough to accomidate my biggest decoy. I put some rubber belting on the top cover so u can use it for a step stool. or seat when spearing. oh ya! and Laska. If you dont have enough empty crown bags to put ur decoys in you better get to work!! wink I cant remember where all those CR bags came from

I keep my decoys in? winkwhistle

LOL...he can carve an amazing looking decoy in full detail but cant figure out a box... J/K!!!!!! Yea we do need suggestions because they will get beat up real fast in those dang totes we use.

LOL grin and I'm sure that he's yellin for another deit pepsi and a smoke

Try an old Coke bottle case style box or pattern it off of that.

Ive been wondering how to build something myself casue the little red/white decoy that I got from you seems to have lost a fin on one side cry but it still swims great just looks funny

little outta my price range is all fish4u, to buy the the boxes then line them and everything will cost more than I wanna spend. I want to go with wood because I have more wood than I know what to do with.

Ill be puting plans on here tonight or tomorrow of what Im thinking and so you guys can see the process!

now if diet pepsi would come in bags like CR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! winklaughlaugh i have a "spearing box i also use for my chair. made a small wooden box to put dekes in. now if ya got good bear creek dekes ya dont gotta worry about bangin them togther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whistlewhistlegrinlaugh

I have made a decoy box but it gets a bit heavy if your not driving out with the truck.

I keep all my decoys in stocking hats you can usually get 10 for $10 at the dollar store. This year I traded a decoy for a soft fleece hanging decoy bag. It has a flap that covers the pocket and I just unroll it and hang it in the house. That's been the nicest set up yet. Best thing you can do is always bring your decoys in the house after spearing. The only time my decoys get cold is in the water.

I'll try and get some pics my decoy bag up later.