• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bog Birds

#2 is my fav, there all really nice though.

BTW what kind of bird is that?

That is a Boreal Chickadee. It is a kin to the Black-Capped and has just as much or more energy( Hard to get them to stop long enough to get a good shot)

Very nice series and I would say your new monitor works just fine.

These were all taken recently in the sax-zim bog. I got a new monitor so I am not sure exactly what they look like.

I think they all look nasty. I'd have deleted the whole bunch. grin Never mind me. I'm just jealous. frown They're all nice, but I'm definitely drawn to the boreals.

It doesn't get a whole lot better than that!! Great shots, Jay! I am jealous. Have you seen the lynx family lately in your travels?

I haven't been traveling too much lately. My cars frame broke while looking for the lynx. I was surprised it lasted this long I beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of it. Then my trucks transmission went the following weekend, again, while looking for the lynx. Both trips involved some hiking and hitching rides to cell service in below zero weather. It was adventurous to say the least. The road I used to get to them is not plowed this year either so I would need to snowmobile. Now I am too chicken to get stuck in the middle of the woods with no cell service more then 10 miles from the nearest road. Bad luck comes in 3's. Unfortunately I probably will not see them again this year.

I haven't been traveling too much lately. My cars frame broke while looking for the lynx. I was surprised it lasted this long I beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of it. Then my trucks transmission went the following weekend, again, while looking for the lynx. Both trips involved some hiking and hitching rides to cell service in below zero weather. It was adventurous to say the least. The road I used to get to them is not plowed this year either so I would need to snowmobile. Now I am too chicken to get stuck in the middle of the woods with no cell service more then 10 miles from the nearest road. Bad luck comes in 3's. Unfortunately I probably will not see them again this year.

That's no good at all, Jay! Sorry to hear about all the bad luck.

Very nice collection Jason. #2 is easily one of the best "tight" portraits of this species I've seen on the web, absolute attention getter that one!

Glad to hear you survived your recent adventures. If people only knew the amount of time and expenditure(s)

that go into creating the images that you do...It's easy enough to appreciate the beauty of an image, but to know the backstory, the effort and so on....once that is understood and appreciated on some level, it leads to a far more profound appreciation for the images presented. You do great work sir!

Hope to see you out and about some time, take care.

Regards,

Shawn Zierman.