• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

95 Polaris xlt noise

dkhntr

95 Polaris xlt 600 xtra12

Our first heavy snowfall I got a noise coming from what appears to be the left side by the boot pocket while under power. It sounds like a tank track driving by..clack clack clack clack etc. My rails are not bent, I have no clue, I jacked up the back and ran it. You cant really hear it, but more pronounced when your sitting on it riding.

Any Ideas?

How loose is your track? It maybe jumping lugs. Also, if you have reverse check to make sure your snow flip on the back of your sled did not get tucked up on you track under the tunnel and is flapping on the lugs. I know sounds dumb, but it has happened to me a few times! shocked

I was thinking maybe a ratcheting track (as leech also said)

To check track tension raise the rear of the sled off the ground after you ride a few minutes. The track should not hang down more than maybe a half inch at most from the slides as a general rule.

The other thing I was thinking is maybe a bad bearing on the driveshaft.

If your speedometer doesnt work that can be a sign of a failing bearing.