• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Crestliner Raptor

FM_Mike

Finally, got the new Raptor ordered. 1750 TE. I can tell you that spring can not get here

fast enough.

I would like to give a thumbs up to the dealer where I bought the boat. I shopped over 10 different dealers in Minnesota, Iowa, and South Dakota and this dealer beat all there prices

by thousands of dollars. 8 of the dealer were about the same in there quotes but all of those 8 were 3k higher in price than what I paid. The so called biggest Crestliner dealer in Minn. was almost 6k higher and that included the current Crestliner rebate. This is a new 2011 not a carry over and both outboards are 2011 with a 5 year warranty.

All dealers were given the same boat with options to price and I was really surprised buy the price differences. I told them that I was going to order so give me your best price.

If anyone is in the market for a new Crestliner, let me know and I will give you dealer info.

Not sure if it's OK to post dealer here??

Mike

congratulations on the new boat! im planning on ordering a new one by the end of the month, just wondering what motor you went with? im deciding between the 125 opti and 135 opti, pretty big price difference!

ild like to know where you ordered yours from you can email me at

[email protected]

that way you dont have to post it

thanks,

jeff templin

320-510-0040

Finally, got the new Raptor ordered. 1750 TE. I can tell you that spring can not get here

fast enough.

I would like to give a thumbs up to the dealer where I bought the boat. I shopped over 10 different dealers in Minnesota, Iowa, and South Dakota and this dealer beat all there prices

by thousands of dollars. 8 of the dealer were about the same in there quotes but all of those 8 were 3k higher in price than what I paid. The so called biggest Crestliner dealer in Minn. was almost 6k higher and that included the current Crestliner rebate. This is a new 2011 not a carry over and both outboards are 2011 with a 5 year warranty.

All dealers were given the same boat with options to price and I was really surprised buy the price differences. I told them that I was going to order so give me your best price.

If anyone is in the market for a new Crestliner, let me know and I will give you dealer info.

Not sure if it's OK to post dealer here??

Mike

Its ok to name them just dont give contact info.

The one thing to watch out for when you are getting the cheapest price is the trailer. They gave me a cheaper trailer and it has been a POS the whole time. It runs through tires faster and needs little repairs every couple of years that would not be needed with a good trailer. Spend the extra bucks up front on a good trailer.

that reminds me of when i bought my chrestliner. the whole rig, boat, motor, and trailer to this day opperates great but those tires were terrible. the trailer is a bunk style custom made for this boat at the time. the tires [ i think the brand name were carlile or something close] both blew the first year. since that time i bought three new tires [since 2002] and never had a problem. good luck.

that reminds me of when i bought my chrestliner. the whole rig, boat, motor, and trailer to this day opperates great but those tires were terrible. the trailer is a bunk style custom made for this boat at the time. the tires [ i think the brand name were carlile or something close] both blew the first year. since that time i bought three new tires [since 2002] and never had a problem. good luck.

In my case I should have had a trailer that was at least 2 sizes bigger to accommodate the weight of my boat. The size would have been great for a S-16 or a Lund Rebel but it was way to small for a Lund Pro_V. I would go through a set of tires every summer until I changed sizes and brand.

my crestliner trailer tires were unblieveable

i think i had them for like 10yrs at least

that boat motor and trailer were the best deal i've ever bought in my life..and to be honest back then i didnt really know what i was buying

they were really really cupped bad when i finally did change them

i cant imagine how many miles they had them

i fish alot back then touraments every week on mille lacs up to

winnie half dozen times a yr

Thanks for the heads-up.

When I ordered the boat I made sure that it had the correct trailer. Some may not like Shorlandr trailers, but my last crestliner had a shorelander roller and I had no issues with it,so I got another shorelandr roller trailer. As for tires, the last trailer came with Titan brand tires. The rig is 10 years old and replaced the tires in 09' still have one thats near new that I use for a spare. Replaced with Goodyear Marathons because 1 I could not find Titans where I live and 2 marathons where highly rated and available locally.

Hopefully I will be as happy with the new Crestliner as I have been with with the old one which

is going to my younger brother ( He is Buying it ). Dealer says 6 to 8 weeks so looks like 6.5 weeks to go.

Thanks for all the input,

Mike