• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Next size up from 90cc

Big Dave2

What do you consider the next logical size up from a youth 90cc model?

My son will be 11 this spring and has outgrown his PW80 dirt pike and wants to go back to 4-wheelers. He is average size so he is just a little too big for the 90cc units but is a ways away from a full size unit.

He also told me that he would rather not have to shift gears again like on his dirt bike so that rules out any manual shifters. It will also have to be a used unit as money don't grow on trees around this house.

I may have a line on a Grizzly 125 but it's far from a sure thing. I would like to have a few other units in mind to check out when spring gets here.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Since it is going to be just a step up for a few years until he goes on to even a bigger unit. One thing you may think about is some of the cheaper off-brand ones that are around 125cc for now and then get him a better name brand unit later.

Bought the son a Arctic cat 250 utility when he was 11, worked good for him till he was 15. Well built machine, auto,good to have around the yard, no problem keeping up on the trails. Gets through the woods better than my 700 and 650s being narrower than those. going to have to sell it

someday to shut the wife up. (like that will really do it).