• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

yamaha venture 600 triple

tori's dad

thinking of buying a 1999 yamaha venture triple touring sled with 2000 miles- very clean sled- has anyone had any problems with this sled or motor I should be aware of. I was always told to stay away from the polaris triples- any help appreciated.

thinking of buying a 1999 yamaha venture triple touring sled with 2000 miles- very clean sled- has anyone had any problems with this sled or motor I should be aware of. I was always told to stay away from the polaris triples- any help appreciated.

I would stay away from any triples! frown Just another thing going up and down that can go wrong! There are a lot of very good dbl pistion motors out there. Not sure why you would need a triple on any touring sled? Just my 2 c. wink

Nice sled in the 500 XC.....

As for the Venture and the 600 triple, unlike the polaris triple, from all the research I have done (I have been looking at a 600 SRX triple) it is a bulletproof motor. It isn't uncommon for owners to get upwards of 10,000 miles on their sled before doing any real "refreshing" of the motor.

Hydro or someone with a lot more expertise can step in and correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read...the polaris triple design was one single block with the middle cylinder getting hotter and expanding at a different rate than the outer cylinders which caused the issue.

Yamaha's design is more of a separate block design for each cylinder allowing for a more even distribution of heat. Other than being heavy, it would have been a reliable sled. Unfortunately, there isn't much love from what I have found here in this area compared to the "local" brands.

Good luck with the sled.

FWIW, I have a 02 Yammie venture 600 triple, and a 02 XC500. Both great sleds! My wife loves the yammie cause it drives like a cadillac, and I lov ethe XC cause it drives like a racecar smile I pull ice shack portys with the yammie, and it does great. Totally a comfy sled, and great starter and runner. The polaris runs great, starts great, but no reverse or electric start. Only on my third season of both, got them at about 1300 miles from picky nephew/neice, so great shape. No probs, knock on wood, but for some reason the XC seems to go through a little bit of anti freeze. I heard that the cap can get oblong (????) or something, warped, but not sure. I can't find leaks when looking, but occassionally see some yellow snow after I move sled.

The xc will go 95 on the speedo with my fat arse wink I haven't had the yammie to full speed yet, but I think it will do about the same once wound out. The xc is fun!!! After I put new carbides on it, it made it even more fun!

Have a great winter!