• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What ya spearing out of?

Laska

I'll be using a 4x6.5 portable I built a couple of years ago.

I finished my new 6x8 perm with a 32x48 inch hole house last weekend and can't wait to get it out. It was 5 degrees Sunday and I put my little buddy heater in it. I checked an hour and a half later and it was 98 degrees in it. I should'nt have a problem staying warm. grin

I'll be bringing the spear house i just built. I like to call it the Perma-ortable spear house. Its a permanant house that can be easily broke down and transported or light enough for one person to tip up in the truck and move spots or lake to lake.

traction, comfort, stability,portability.

traction so all my things sit level, and I dont fall in the hole or any of my gear for that matter cuz ice n snow just aint nice to step on in the shack, it can knock show n ice in the hole and then I have to clean it out-heck with that

comfort, I have almost 2" between me and the ice and it insulates the inside of the shack=warmer

stability-sometimes its windy and all i do is fold the tabs of the shack under my floor and it aint blowing away,also no light coming from the floor.

portability-my floor folds up and you can even fit it in a chevy cobalt. 30lb shack on my back and a 40lb floor in a sled with 2 folding chairs,saw,chipper,decoys,spear,heater, is the easiest set up for portably spearing ive ever had.

I too am interested in your thoughts on the Quickfish. I am thinking about buying one, and thought it would be perfect for comfortable spearing and seems like it would hold out light quite well. I am not a spearer yet, but have put serious though to it as friends and family have done it for awhile. I have sat and watched it sure seems enjoyable to have interactive live "TV".

merkman has the actual page where I put the measurements and pictures up but he's not on here at the time so Ill have to dig around and find it then ill post something on it to put it on the main page....

Im thinking of buying a red qf3 just becuase I like the color.... I have the green one-the year before the red....