• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota at Minnesota State

tjbassmaster

The Gophers always seemed to have our number.

Lets hope the tradition continues! The gophers seem to play one great game and one terrible game a weekend so a split will probably happen but if Lucia wants to keep his job and if we want to be any kind of contender this year we have to sweep this series.

Fun game to watch last night. Mavericks executed a great game plan.

I was also pleased to see it in HD on FSN. Is this their first game like that, or have they had others? I'm hoping to watch the Dogs on Friday in HD too, but will be at the game on Saturday.

I thought Kangas looked okay. Their blue liners were leaving a lot of pucks in front of the net uncontested, especially at the end. They also seemed to have issues carrying it out of the zone.

I think the maroon and gold will have a little more focus and fire tonight.

Kangas looked terrible on that 3rd goal by the Mavs. He had no idea the puck went through, while the Mavs player just slid it past him.

I also started out watching the Gophers, but went to MNSU, so I had to cheer for the Mavs too.

Kangas made a few really good saves, but the rest of the game he looked pretty bad. he just looks lost out there. I dont know how the gohpers can miss the net so much. 2 times our guy was alone in front of the net. NOt a breakaway but literally standing in front of the goalie with the puck. Neither time did we even hit the net. Their power play is absolutely embarrassing. I better not see Lucia or any of the coaching staff behind the bench next year. 5 on 3 taking shots from the point that had no chance of doing anything. Terrible, all we did was take bad shots on all 4 powerplays.

Kangas made a few really good saves, but the rest of the game he looked pretty bad. he just looks lost out there. I dont know how the gohpers can miss the net so much. 2 times our guy was alone in front of the net. NOt a breakaway but literally standing in front of the goalie with the puck. Neither time did we even hit the net. Their power play is absolutely embarrassing. I better not see Lucia or any of the coaching staff behind the bench next year. 5 on 3 taking shots from the point that had no chance of doing anything. Terrible, all we did was take bad shots on all 4 powerplays.

Gophers are getting out coached. When you get 50 shots on net and dont win something is wrong. I bet we had another 30 blocked. we make no adjustments week by week. Just a flat team. Granted we were a little snake bit by the goalie, but you have to be able to score. Terrible powerplay again. It reminded me of a Peewee team. first person to get the puck shoots. Doesnt matter if there is a screen or anything. Just shoot, terrible plan. Even Gorg was left wondering what the gophs were thinking.

Side note, I am not sure if I have seen a 4 on 4 goal for the Gophers since Lucia took over.

Gophs are a decent team, coaching is killing them. I swear I see players getting worse already. At least get rid of coach Hill and whoever does the power play.

]

Side note, I am not sure if I have seen a 4 on 4 goal for the Gophers since Lucia took over.

Remember years ago, 4 on 4 was almost like a power play for us.

Way to take it to us Mavs, congrats on the sweep.