• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Finn Bay Photojournal

Just a bit of a new concept I'm trying. I've got a camera growing out of my side (so my wife says)and so many of the shots I take are a result of serendipity - just being in the right place at the right time. It might result in a "story" or it might just be some things I come across walking the dog or taking a trip to the dump. In any case, these are not always meant to be "WOW" photos, but more of a diary.

The ol' lady's still got it!

Gretchen is 11 1/2 (born Easter Sunday in 1999). You saw her a couple of weeks ago pheasant hunting:

IMG_6142.gif

Since, we have discovered quite a large mass under her rib cage. Our other two labs didn't last long after we found theirs. She has difficulty making it up the stairs from the basement, and can't get into the back of the vehicle without a lift from me. Still, all I have to say is "does anyone want to go for a walk?" and she jumps into the air, grabs my hand and pulls me towards the trail heading into our woods. She's there with a purpose, too:

FPJ1-8.gif

FPJ1-9.gif

FPJ1-10.gif

And if you think it isn't fun, just look into her eyes! Dad, let's do it again!

FPJ1-11.gif

Ken,when I first commented I had not read the paragraph about Gretchen's health problem. I am so sorry to hear about it. Sometimes you hear people comment that "it's just a dog" or "they're only animals", but all those of us here know how crazy that is. My thoughts are with Gretchen and her family.

Thanks, all. I will feel sad when Gretchen passes, but I always feel like our dogs have always had the best of lives - good care, lots of love and plenty of what they like to do in the outdoors. No regrets. My son just picked up a rescue dog this fall, and I know the tradition will continue. The old and the new:

_MG_0482.gif