• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Full moon!

AuggieDawg11

Hope for alot of cloud cover.

I myself have not had that many good hunts during a full moon, I should say during the normal sit times, early morning/late evening.

I prefer now to hunt during the middle of the day while we are in the full moon phase.

Still can't get a deer from your couch at home. wink

This is just my .02

Prerut kicking in = good; full moon = bad. We'll see which factor weighs heaviest over the next couple days... How do I hunt with a full moon?-- the same as usual, but with less optimism. smirk

I'm going to hit some state land on Sat morning and my mo-in-laws Sat evening. How that goes will determine where I end up on Sun evening.

Good news is there is a lot of corn being taken off right now. That will definitely make the deer work a little harder for food. I've never hunted from 10 - 2 while bowhunting but I think I will give it a shot this weekend.

I just got back in from spending an hour and a half in my tree stand. Nothing, quite woods and beautiful moonrise. Even the squirrels were down. Hop in the car and drive home, I'm there in 7 minutes. Four deer under the apple tree in the front yard to greet me. This morning they were bedding down in the back yard just at sunrise. Conclusion: full moon = play all night, sleep all day. But maybe they get up for a mid day snack. Alledgedly deer have a six hour cycle. Down for six, get up and eat, then go down for another six. I'll be on my stand from 10-2 on Saturday. (fyi I live in Superior, WI).