• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, looked like a Wild game from '07 except we were wearing the other jerseys. The Canucks just played shutdown hockey the last period. They clogged up the slot, and didn't give us many looks.

By the way, any chance we can trade Miettinen? I hear Toronto is looking for a terrible winger in exchange for some draft picks. I don't know if there is another player in the league that could miss as many opportunities as he does.

By the way, any chance we can trade Miettinen? I hear Toronto is looking for a terrible winger in exchange for some draft picks. I don't know if there is another player in the league that could miss as many opportunities as he does.

We already have one... Eric Nystrom.

I didn't think they played that bad, just couldn't put it in the net.

Mittens makes Koivo a better player. No one in thier right mind would take Barker, we should just send him to Houston and hope he develops.. I'd like to see Staubits or Nystrom go down and Kassian come up!

The wild look really good out of the gates in Chi. Scott is in tonight for the hawks and he already laid out stoner and Clutterbuck has taken 3 bad angle low perentage shots because he actually got one in the other night.. But watch Scott lay some big hits and taunt the wild all night..

We could do much better than Mittens to make Koivu more productive. Neither players are real finishers. Both are better at making a play than scoring a goal. If we had a player with that scoring touch, and played well with Koivu and Bruno, that line would be a much bigger threat.

Wild came out of the shoot last night then after the first 5 min, they got murdered.. They couldn't handle the puck on the breakout and in the nuetral zone to save thier lives..

I can't make sense of any of our lines.. Madden on the 4th line and Brodziak on the 2nd line? But as far as right wings, Mittens is better than anything else we have right now..

We've got too many checkers. That's what's wrong with our lines.

I guess I wasn't saying we've got something better than Mittens right now, but we could do better.

Anyone know how long we have him on contract?

What's Kobasew done in the last 10 games?

I thought we weren't paying him for the year, therefore, we don't count his cap hit.

Watch him go somewhere next year and develop into an NHLer. We shouldn't have been playing him in the NHL at the age of 19. He was too young, sat in the press room most of the time.

I thought we weren't paying him for the year, therefore, we don't count his cap hit.

Watch him go somewhere next year and develop into an NHLer. We shouldn't have been playing him in the NHL at the age of 19. He was too young, sat in the press room most of the time.

That is what I thought as well, but someone else seems to think he is being paid $800,000.

I believe he gets paid, he just doesnt hit the cap. Hey, we are paying Parrish another 2 years too. I think we split the bill on him though.

I bet we will have to split Shepards contract next year too. I will look up the rules later, but it works somewhat like that if he isnt signed.

The difference is we cut Parrish while he still had a contract, but Sheppard is up after this year, so it won't cost us anything. That is why we still had Parrish's contract on our cap.

From what I have read we aren't paying Sheppard though, just providing rehab with Trainers etc.