• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

“Trolling” is no longer exclusive to fishing from a boat

“Trolling” is no longer exclusive to fishing from a boat

New ShowDown Ice-Troller redefines mobility and ice fishing sonar

Minneapolis, MN – “When I’m out searching for fish on the ice,” says professional guide Tony Roach, “I like to go into stealth mode. Just a rod, an auger, and this slick little fish-finder inside my coat pocket.”

Indeed, ice-fishing sonar has entered the iPod® era. The new ShowDown Ice-Troller is just that—the first hand-held, totally functional ice fishing sonar. Ice-Troller doesn’t just fit into a 5-gallon bucket, it’s a lightweight little palm-sized device that does everything a sonar unit should—and more.

full-24460-1831-pic1.jpg

Conceived by MarCum Technologies’, the ShowDown Ice-Troller sets new benchmarks in sonar design and performance. Just like the original ShowDown, Ice-Troller features an easy-to-interpret backlit, digital vertical LCD matched to an intuitive push-button operating system. Add in MarCum’s proven, patented Interference Rejection System and 25-Level Sensitivity, and you’ve got one smooth-running sonar that’s light on its feet.

Ice-Troller even includes a built-in LCD heater for use in extreme cold. And an Auto Range function immediately locks onto depth, displaying targets from 1 to 120-feet of water. Attached to a 20-degree transducer and 6-feet of cable, Ice-Troller provides instant depth, structure, and fish information. Six AA batteries keep the sonar juiced for up to 20 hours of continuous use.

full-24460-1832-pic2.jpg

The new ShowDown Ice-Troller is the perfect match for my run-and-gun style of ice fishing,” offers Roach, the original ice-troller. “With this cool device in my hand, I can cover huge areas quickly— just drill and dip the transducer. No bending over, no carrying a big heavy flasher. It’s almost as easy as trolling with my boat. The Ice-Troller helps me map a structure fast, and it makes quick work of locating fish under the ice. I don’t care if you’re a guide or not, finding fish fast is still the name of the game.”

full-24460-1833-pic3.jpg

Having found the hotspot, Ice-Troller instantly converts into your primary sonar unit. Simply snap the Ice -Troller module onto a 12-volt Performance Pack (sold separately). The Performance Pack includes a padded neoprene softcase, adjustable transducer arm, cord stopper, Quick-Connect sonar shuttle, and 3-stage auto battery charger. A 12-volt rechargeable battery (sold separately) bypasses AA batteries for extended operation.

I'm also looking forward to using the Ice Troller. I've had the chance to play around with one a little bit and it is a very neat and compact unit. Much easier (and lighter) than dragging a flashr around if you're checking a lot of holes.

You can check them out at Marcum ShowDown Ice-Troller at Pro Fishing Supply

Looking forward to using one this ice season. Perch- did the unit you saw appear to be pretty durable?

I thought it looked durable. The display part is a sealed, hard plastic case, just like the regular ShowDown, and I've never heard of any problems with them breaking or leaking.

The thing you'll need to be most careful with is the transducer, the same way you need to be careful with the transducer if you're using your flashr to hop around and check holes.

Checked one out at the big C store today. Pretty neat unit. It would be nice if they had an option to buy one w/ a stand and case for a little more $. I am thinking about picking one up for this yr. I'm sooo sick of hauling the heavy vex around. Said that the batt is good for 20hrs of use. Maybe one day there will be no cord/ducer to worry about, but until then I think this will do!