• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Planning SD trip-Advice Please

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end of Nov?? you won't have to worry about snakes or skunks. The snakes will be denned and the skunks will be in hibernation. The only concern you will have will be other hunters, both deer and pheasant.

Wish I could believe you, My dogs been sprayed at the 3rd week in november..

guess I did not think about deer hunting....

what are the blaze req. for bird hunters during deer season? can I get by with my bird vest and a blaz cap? or will I need to get a total Blaze top? I hate that color! gives me chills....

guess I did not think about deer hunting....

what are the blaze req. for bird hunters during deer season? can I get by with my bird vest and a blaz cap? or will I need to get a total Blaze top? I hate that color! gives me chills....

I would recommend you read the SD Hunting Regulations Handbook

so basicaly if i throw a Blaze hat in the truck im covered.

why are minnesota's hunting regs so strict?

A lot of the good areas of hunting are int he metro. Over Crowded and over populated with hunters. To many people get hurt out there or even killed. South Dakota has their share of hunters, but also its not as concentrated as it is in Minnesota. I am fine with the orange requirements here. Id rather see you from a mile away than 100 yards away.

For the most part, deer hunters are watching pheasant hunters close, not for why you would think. They are watching them because they are great deer drivers! So it makes a good fit most of the time. A good orange hat and vest works just fine, that will stand out with no problem in the brown CRP & grasses.

Good luck to all hunting this weekend in SD, and please be safe. Just remember, its only a "bird" and there are plenty of them, don't take the shot unless its a good one; because there will be more just around the corner.