• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lindy Shadling

I'm no expert when it comes to crankbaits. I don't run planer boards or even line counter reels, I don't have any rods specifically designed for pulling crankbaits, I don't do lead core or snap weights. This is what I do, I tie on a decent snap and put on a Lindy Shadling.

This lure runs true right out of the package, which is a big plus for me. I hate trying to tune a crankbait, which way do you bend the loop again?? We haven't seen color patterns on a crankbait match the colors of our local baitfish so well. The layer of colors and the finish on these cranks puts it up above the competition. They have the color patter to "match the hatch" in any body of water that you fish. From alewife to fathead to dace and many more, they have you covered. Top it all off with the realistic holographic eyes and you have a winner in my book.

I have been having some luck with the Lindy Shadlings the last couple of trips out. I've been running the #7 in the bluegill pattern along the deep edge of the cabbage in 16 to 18 feet of water. This lure will run down 14 feet with 10 pound fireline a good cast length behind the boat. I usually run this on the deep side of the boat, and on the shallow side I'll throw on a #5 in either the red tail, or the golden shiner pattern. I've been noticing that #5 runs around 10 to 11 feet down on 10 pound fireline.

The past couple trips on different lakes, they really smacked the lure too, it wasn't a subtle bite at all. The walleyes would just smack the lure and turn and burn! Hard to believe they hit it so hard. You'll catch a lot of pike on the Shadling, as well as bass, and the occasional crappie and perch.

Try to find harder bottoms out from the weed edge with a gradual drop and work the Lindy Shadlings back and forth as close as you can get to the weeds. If you hit the weeds, rip the lure through and a lot of times that's when you'll get hit. My son absolutely loves them!!

full-11084-374-jibbyswalleye.jpg

full-11084-375-jibbysnorthern.jpg

I must say....it was VERY hard for me to swap my go to lure for my shadlings today. But WOW, I am very impressed. As said, they DO run true outta the box. I am not used to running a bigger lure than my #4 hornet. They really do produce however! I nailed a few gills, a crappie, perch and a white bass this afternoon.

I will have to put it to the test in my early morning and late evening spots to slay some walleyes!

I have been having great luck with the Lindy Shadlings. In a guide boat true running lures are a dream come true. One wild lure makes for five tangled lines and the Lindy Shadling has cured that proplem. Plus the color patterns just plain produce fish, hands down.

I net that shadling in the picture is a very important lure now! grin

just fished it last weekend. trolling in 7-10 ft of water. The perch color seix 5 caught sevarl slab crappies, 6 eater walleyes and a 30 inch musky. It's a great lure. I just got back from Gander after buying one more size 5 for my dad and a #7 to get down deeper. Best crankbai I have ever trolled.

The patterns are very lifelike and hey sure do run nice. Great to see the young man having fun with his dad and showing him a thing or two. wink

I've had pretty good luck on the yellow perch pattern.