• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thank You Mercury!!!

CAMAN

Just thought I would post something positive about a company rather the the typical negative feedback I see posted everywhere on the web from unsatisfied customers.

Last week I went on a fishing trip up to Voyeguers National Park with my stepfather and a friend. The boat with a 115 Optimax ran great when we first got up there, but over the course of the week a squeeking noise steadily got louder and louder until the motor wouldn't idle without dieing. At first I thought it was just the idler bearing had gone bad and was stalling out the motor, because it sounded more external than internal, so we ran to the nearby Merc dealer and bought a new one. Didn't fix it. So we decided to pack up a half day early and bring it to a mechanic. They went over it and said it seems to be internal (right there I knew it would be an expensive fix). The mechanic said the warranty had just gone out in March, but said since it had such low hours and was well maintained he would call up Mercury and see what can be done. Well we just got a call back from the mechanic and he said Mercury would be sending us a BRAND NEW POWERHEAD!!! All we have to pay for is the $5-600 in labor!! I just had to give a shoutout to a company that didn't have to do what they did, but stepped up and helped out, saving us over $5000!! This just adds to one of the reasons all of my boats have always had Mercs on them and I hope they always will.

THANK YOU MERCURY!!!

I had a few issues with my Merc when I first purchased it the first season.

The dealer could not find the problem after numerous times checking it out.

I finally called Mercury and explained my troubles to them. They asked if I would take it to another dealer. I forgot what the main issue was but I was a little concerned after they fixed it that I may not have a motor like new yet.

I called Merc and and they addressed my concerns very well. I have 5 years of warranty on it and they gave me another 5 years.

The motor ran like new after I picked it up.

I thought that was very good of them to stand behind a motor for 10 years.

if I have a choice on my boat I would go Mercury.....I have seen way to many of them perform flawlessly compared to other brands that have just happened to have things go wrong.....not saying other brands are bad but I have just never had or been around a mercury with issues....(knock on wood!!)