• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling with a drift sock

anchor man

I've noticed that when I'm forward trolling with the big motor and have my drift sock out and hooked to the eye in the front, the boat has a tendancy to troll cockeyed at about a 20 degreee angle sometimes. Do people ever put the sock off the back of the boat? Maybe on the passenger side so it doesn't interefere with your line (assuming your fishing alone). I don't want to have to buy another sock to make the boat go straight, just trying to find a solution and haven't experimented with different locations to hook the sock to

Thanks

Hang it off the back on the port side and just steer the fish toward the starboard side. I wouldn't mess around clearing it since you'll be alone and the fish shouldn't be on that side of the motor anyhow. If you happen to hook into one that keeps wanting to run toward the sock just turn the wheel and get the fish in a manageable spot.

drift control used to sell smaller trolling bags in pairs to use for trolling. you run a rope from one cleat on one side, under the boat, to the other side cleat, and then attach your bags to that rope. it can be a pain to deploy until you get the hang of it, but it will give you awesome boat control.

1242668778_Trolling_Bag_System.jpg