• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Superior.. Pike Lake Chain is a good lake in that area.. Can take a bit to get used to fishing the clear water, but it has good walleyes, smallmouth and panfish.. Little bit of different stuff across each lake, when talking structure.

Or there is Namekagon by Grand View.. Great for walleyes..

Its been a while but have had good luck on eyes and smallies on the Pike Chain. Stayed at the campground on Twin Bear.

Jim, saw you on Carlsons show this past Sunday night. When did you guys film it?

I lived in Ashland for 5 years and my wife grew up there so I get there a few times a year to fish.

Twin Bear I haven't fished for a long time but used to get Panfish, Northern and Bass. There are too many smaller lakes to count in that area and we usually fish an a pair of small private lakes about 6 miles east of iron River just off hwy 2.

Will be heading up in August for a few days and will try my luck then.

You can always try by the power plant in Ashland on the bay for starters. Heading inland to Drummond, Pike chain, Hayward, Iron River or any number of places can find action.

Pike Lake Chain has lots of development (cabins) and boat traffic (esp weekends). The water is very clear - so low light situations are the best. The walleyes are small - I don't think there is a size limit. There are lots of reefs that have good fishing. I've never fished the open water - but ice fishing is action oriented.