• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I think the wedding might take precedence and congrats to your son. Does his wife to be like to fish?

BTW, my computer crashed and I lost your email. Could you send me a note so I can add you back to my contact list? My list is small enough as it is even with everyone added that likes me. grin

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know its a close call......lets see fishing ..wedding....fishing ...wedding? hmmm that takes some real thought....but then again have to keep the wife happy so I guess its the wedding.

Took all 3 grand kids out there yesterday and they had a blast, caught some bluegills and bass, not much else but that was good enough for them. Did some swimming and stopped on an island and cooked up some hotdogs and smores.

Good evening everyone, the Family and I are coming up to the area on the 18th and staying for the week at Lake Chip. Camp. and was wondering how the Bluegills and Crappies are biting. Is their certain areas we should be targeting? We were up their over the 4th of July last years for the 1st time and hit the bluegills pretty good but this year it will be a little later. I am not looking for your hot spots just something that my 3 sons can have fun with

Thanks Corey

Bluegills are pretty much everywhere but you'll find a lot of small ones. We found what looked like an old sunken beaver house is about 8 FOW where we got some nicer ones. Just have to move around and find some deeper weeds or brush for the gills. Guys were saying they were getting crappies in the evenings off the edges of floating bogs and there's plenty of those all over the flowage.

Anyhow, a great place to take the kids for a vacation. Lots of islands to explore or have a shore lunch on or just pitch a tent and spend the night.

my son called and is on the first leg of his honeymoon and did really good on eyes the past couple days. Found them on a weed edge that drops off fast and to deep water.

fished the flowage again this weekend and the fishing as far as crappies goes is getting better and better with good quality fish. Bright colored tube jig(squid) in red ,purple, orange with white are the hottest. If you can locate cribs in deep water thats were they are. Work deep drop offs on pts as well in the evenings.

Crappie and Blue gill actions remains good to excellent. Work the cribs and deep drop offs in the evening and early mornings using tub jigs and small gulp minnows.Red and white tube jigs work best.

Good to hear you're having some success out there. Haven't had a chance to get out there much the last couple of weeks, pretty busy. I did get the grand kids out there about 10 days ago and my 3 year old grand daughter outfished us all with her $10 princess pole. grin

Had a chance to get out there today and had limited success. Caught 10 crappies and 3 small bass. I did a little casting for northerns/muskies and came up with nothing but a beautiful day to be out. Surface temp was 58 so it's starting to cool off. BTW, caught the crappies in 10 to 12 feet along a weed edge.

Sounds like a good trip, keep them temps ah droping things should be starting to heat up soon. Sure is a nice stable weather week for fishing. I have to get down that way here soon!

Any reports from LCO?

Well, wasn't a whole lot of muskie action to report. Saw 3 on Lost Land Saturday, couldn't make any bite. Didn't see any on the Flowage today. Marked some suspended fish in 8-14 feet. Threw a small crank there, boated a crappie and a short eye to confirm my suspicions, then went back to throwing the big stuff to no avail.

I was out there today with my grandson. Water temps were from 73 to 76 and the bluegills were on their beds and were biting but we decided to leave them alone. We did managed to catch 20 or so crappies on the edge of a bog on plastics. We didn't have minnows but we had small leaches and crawlers but if you put on any kind of meat, you'd get bluegills, caught the crappies on nuggies on a diamond jig and ratsos.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Tom Christianson other wise known as Walleyemaxx. I guide on the famous Chippewa Flowage near Hayward WI. I grew up on this big beautifull body of water with 52 years of experience fishing her. I am a multi- specie guide, but I specialize in Walleyes. In my reports I will try to inform you of the latest pattens that I use to catch Walleyes as well as other species of fish. So without further ado, I'll begin.

Last friday, I guided a guy who has two of the best daughters a guy could ask for. They bought him a days guide service from me for fathers day. Garys summer was busy, so we had set up the guide day for the ninth of Sept.

It was a blue bird clear sky all day with little or no wind untill late afternoon. Then the wind started up from the North at about 5 mph. But the fish were fairly active. We wound up with a good mixxed bag of 3 Walleyes keeping one, a bunch of Perch, Bluegills, Crappies, a small bass, and one of the strangest fish I can remember seeing. It looked like a cross between a rockbass and a pumpkinseed.

All fish were caught on jigs and minnows and jigs with piecies of crawlers. The Walleyes on the minnows and most of the Perch and Bluegills on crawlers. The air temps were in the 80's and the water temps were at 72 degrees. We caught all the fish in the deep and middepth wood. Didn't really try any weed areas. the bite was fairly consistent out deep, so we stayed with that pattern. The biggest Walleye was a beautifull 19 3/4"er that Gary caught.

I look forward to sharing my fishing experiences with you and if anybody ever has a question, just ask. I'll do my best to answer them for you. Good luck fishing evryone.

Hi everyone,

Got out for just a few hours today. Guideing a party tommorow and wanted to see if the deep wood pattern is still the way to go. The air temps have plummeted to the high 40's-low50's, the water temps are down to 63 degrees, we had a heavy overcast sky with a high barometer and the wind was fairly strong most of the time from the southwest.

But there is still Walleyes in the deep wood. The bite was real slow, but there was a few fish feeding. Caught only one Walleye and had very few bites of which I missed. Some of the bites were obviously not Walleyes, but they keep you on your toes.

Supposed to rain tommorow.Sometimes that can turn on the Walleyes. I'll find out.Hope the thunder storm that has been predicted holds off. I'll report how it goes.Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Hi everyone,

Fished in the monsoon yesterday. Guided some brave souls in the high winds and driving rain. In the morning I had Todd and his dad out and after a few hours, his dad got very cold so had to bring him back to the cabin. Todd and I fished the rest of the day in a driving Southeast wind that kicked up white caps. It was dark all day with the intense cloud cover, but the air temp wasn't as bad as it could have been. It stayed in the 50's all day. The fish seemed sluggish. For the time spent in the weather, I was dissappointed with the catch. We wound up with one Walleye, but a nice one, two Crappie and two Perch. Caught some smaller Perch that we threw back, but awfully slim pickens.

The water temps were stil 63 degrees, the same as the day before and we caught every thing on jigs and minnows. We got the slip bobber rods out, but they did not produce. We caught everything in the deep wood and actually had several hits that we missed. The fish were not overly aggressive. Later in the afternoon we casted crank baits in a cove that was fairly protected from the wind. Caught a small SM.Bass there.

Even though we caught just a few fish in horrible conditions, it was still time well spent in the beauty of the Big Chip. The leaves are just starting to turn coclors and if this cloudy weather continues, the trees will start to turn rapidly. If you have never witnessed the Chippewa Flowage during this time, you owe it to yourself to come and soak up all her splender. I have openings yet for the fall. I can guide you to Walleyes and the beauty of the Big Chip. Shoot me an email, we can set something up. Don't forget to order your copy of my new book "The Walleyemaxx System".Visit my HSOforum by clicking on the link below to find out how. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Hi snoozebutton,

Thanks.I'm trying to build my guide bussiness and this seems to be a popular fishing site. I'm happy to be on board. I will make honest and interesting reports every time I fish.

No matter the weather, I like to fish. One exception is lightning. Otherwise I fish in the wind and the rain. In fact I like the inclement weather over the hot flat calm sunny days. Just have to be smart about it. Good luck fishing.

Walleyemaxx

Just wanted to let you know that your reports are greatly appreciated and I hope you keep them coming.

If someone asks about a guide for the flowage, I'll be sure to toss your name out there. Do you guide on other Hayward area lakes or stick mostly with the flowage?

Hi everyone,

Fished hard all day, but didn't boat many fish. It was just one of those days. Conditions seemed good but the fish thought otherwise. In the A.M. I had lots of hits, but they wouldn't commit. The afternoon, had less hits but I put fish in the boat.

Caught Perch, Bluegill, A LGM Bass, and a couple small walleye and had a big fish on for about a minute before I saw her. It was a walleye pushing 27"-28". before I could reach for the net, she spit the hook and dove. I would've released her anyway. Would've been nice to get a picture though. Everything was released.

Caught most fish jigging with fatheads. Caught the bass on the bobber rod baited with a crawler. The weather was cloudy and cool all day with a wind that switched every hour but never was very strong. The water temps started at 57 degrees and wound up at 58 degrees. Weather is supposed to be about the same tommorow. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Hi everyone,

Fished for a little over a half day Sunday. No Walleyes but some good Crappies and Perch. Kept enough for dinner and released the rest. Caught everyting on minnows while jigging and slip bobbering. All were caught in the deep wood.

The weather was cool but not to bad. Started out cloudy, but it cleared up a little and the sun felt warm. The water temps were 59 degrees with the air temps getting up into the 60's. the wind was from the South east just strong enough to provide a decent chop. There were a few duck hunters around. Heard a fair amount of shooting, so I assume it was a good hunt. Around noon I saw a bunch of ducks piling into an area out of sight from the main lake. No shooting going on in there so they found a refuge. Midday it pays to go do some jump shooting.

A reminder, order your copy of the "The Walleyemaxx System" book today. Thanks. The trees are starting to turn colors. I would quess that within the next week the trees will explode with thier colors providing beautifull scenery. Make plans to come up and enjoy this spectacular time of year. I still have openings, so email me and we'll set up a nice fall fishing trip. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx