• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am coming up to Hayward area to do some musky fishing with a buddy who lives in Cumberland. We don't want to be driving back and forth each night with the gas prices, so we are looking for a campground or campsites on a lake. We know about the campsites on Moose Lake. We will be tenting it, so nothing fancy is needed; just a legal spot to tent for a night or two.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I will be hitting the flowage this weekend in search of Walleye and Musky. I'm wondering how the fishing has been, since I have not fished the flowage yet this year. No need to divulge locations, just some help with patterns, depths and technique would be appreciated.

Thanks

The fam is renting a cabin out of Johnson's the week of the 4th and was wondering how the fishing is? Would like to hook into some muskies. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. No need to give gps coords, just some starting points. (baits, points, east side/west side, etc) Same with the walleyes. I will do some searching on the internet as well but just thought I would throw it out there.

have a great 4th of July holiday!!!

DP

Ok...Im taking my family and the inlaws up to Chippewa flowage and we will be taking his bass boat and my 25 ft cruiser. I was wondering if it would be ok on the lake up there?....I just need something to take the whole family around on in the afternoons and I dont want to spend 700+ on a pontoon when I already have a boat I can bring up there. I know people wouldnt appreciate me cruising through...but Im just looking to take the family on a slow cruise of the lakes....what Im saying is would it be ok if I brought up my cruiser??

I would call and check with your resort. Last I heard water levels were still a bit low, and most of their launches are pretty shallow to begin with. Should make sure there is a landing that will allow you to get it in the water before towing it up there.

Other than that I don't see why it would be a problem as long as you were courteous and considerate.

I will be hitting the west side of the Chippewa Flowage this weekend. Any help on location and presentation for Walleyes would be greatly appreciated. I will post our results on Monday.

Thanks in advance.

If I didn't want to catch anything, I would go to the Chippewa Flowage. It is the Dead Sea in my book.

I WOULD say to talk to Randy at Jenks Bait and Tackle on County Road B at Reed Lake. He has no problem giving out hints. Good luck!

HI all,,,

Just found out our normal campground on lake Chippewa did not

hold our reservations.... Found spots @ Blueberry hill resort

for our little group.. NEED SOME HELP!!!! KIDs need to catch

fish or they get cranky.... Any spots for some PIES or Blue

Gills would be just special... Leaving JUNE 20th Friday in

the morning 6am.... FRI & Sat does not leave much time for

locating.. THANX FOR ANY INFO

STICK

WELL YOU GUYS WERE NO HELP........

We managed,,,, kids caught sunnies , crappies, a few bass

off the dock .... In the boat we got lots of bass, some

sunnies and a few crappies.. overall the fish were small

but plentiful... Lots of small storms moved thru everyday...

was up again this past weekend at my camper and in since being up two weeks ago fishing seems to have picked up considerably. I only target eyes and crappies and both were active over the weekend. All fish caught over cribs in the evenings or early morning. Eyes on leech's if you can still find any or crawlers with a shot of air in them. Crappies were coming on a white twister tail with a chartreuse jig.

well just got back from a weekend at the camepr and the fishing was even better. Lots of eyes none over 20 inch's and very nice crappies. Seems the eyes have switched from leech to crawlers as we were getting the eyes on half a crawler and a orange or chartruese jig.

I was out on the flowage for the first time this past weekend, 3 of us caught a nice variety of smaller fish. 6-8 walleyes in the 10-13" range, one small perch, 4-5 northern around 16" and a few real nice large mouths. Like I said it was my first time out there. We did see a bear swim across the lake that was neat. Anyone have some good advice on areas to hit around the middle of the month. We fished the cedar swamp area nice and close to the launch. Any info would be greatly appreciated. For the record 90% of the fish came on crawler jigged off the bottom.

Can't wait to get out there next weekend, Scrod...I need a weekend away after 3 in a row with the M.I.L.

Oh, keep your fingers crossed too, we may have a 'new' old boat to try out up there this weekend!! I'll know by tonight...

Anyone have any info on this large lake, I will be fishing the east side accessing the flowage from the dam road I believe it is. I was up there 2 weeks ago and fished the shallows in cedar swamp and that area just wondering if anyone has some suggestions this is such a large lake I would prefer to focus on the east end. Thanks in advance

I was out checking and here's from a post Imadein the ice fishing forum:

I checked some of the bays on the Chippewa Flowage and most had an inch or less, main part was open. Grindstone and Lac Courte Oreilles were open. (Musky Bay on LCO might have had ice, I didn't drive around to check.)

Well, we got out on the Big Chip yesterday and found about 3 inches of solid ice. Got a couple of walleyes and some decent sized northerns. The guys I was with were out on the Minong Flowage the day before and caught 2 walleyes out there. Said the ice was about the same there.

Off to work for me today and for the next 5 days so the rest of the fish are safe for now. grin

Went back out on the Chip today for the last day you can fish it and it was pretty slow. I tried a new spot so not sure if it was the spot or just a bad day. A couple of friends were at a different spot so I'll have to talk to them and see.

Might give McKenzie a try tomorrow.