• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Id keep your MW2 never know when you wanna go back to it. What if you get sick of the dogs and some other kill streaks you might find yourself going back to the old

That's what I did with WaW. COD4 was a nice step back from that horrible game until MW2 came out. smile I still miss COD4. That was a good game.

I'm in ND all week hunting so I'll have to catch up with Black Ops when I get back. Have fun tonight! Can't wait to hear all the complaining about the glitchers and boosters. grin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one of thee slickest moves today! Target just had a Buy 2 get one free on some games this last Saturday. Some guy bought 2 random full price games and got a third full price game free. He hung onto those games, and this he exchanged them for three copies of Black ops. Him and his buddies split the cost. Since the sale was over, the games went back to full price for three of them.

Essentially they got 3 copies of Black Ops for the price of two. And since their were three people in on it it only really cost them roughly $42.60 a piece.

Slick move!

If you figure out things, you can almost get this game free. wink

Kind of a confusing. Not hitting me like MW2 did the first minute I jump on, but we will see. Someing about the Cold War IMO makes the game cold. smirk

I traded my MW2 for this and I am hoping to get on-line and blown away. If not I will be waiting for MW3 to come out. Anyone else?

I traded my MW2 for this and I am hoping to get on-line and blown away. If not I will be waiting for MW3 to come out. Anyone else?

At least you don't have high expectations. LOL

MW2 is tough to live up to, and I personally don't really don't expect anything better, just something different for a change.

I played online for about 3 hours last night. My intial reactions...

Graphics, they are good but just dont seem as crisp and as well done as MW2.

Game play itself is good, I mean, it really is just another CoD game when its all said and done. My first 4 or 5 matches were horrible, were talking 15-20 deaths and 5-8 kills, maybe... I got the hang of it and towards the end of the night I was a completely different player putting up 3:1 KDRS and had a 17-0, 23-3, 15-1. My biggest piece of advice. First thing you should spend your points on is Ghost, ninja and silencers. Right now everyone uses spy plane so the enemy have radar constantly and people are relying on their radar far too much. With ghost people practically run past you.

The stats are so in depth that I dont even know where to begin. They have stats for every game mode, every gun, shot placement, where you die on the maps, where you get the most kills, and on, and on. Its quite overwhelming. Kinda cool but all I really want to know is my KDR and W/L.

The new feature they added is the ability to rewatch and save your matches. This is down right amazing, I think. I saved a couple of my good games and watched them back in their entirety and you are able to switch and watch every person on your team and how they played the match. You can upload these matches and clips for others to watch, too.

All in all, its a good game maybe not as polished as MW2 was but its probably still too early to jump to conclusions. Im sure it just takes some getting used to, after all Ive only logged a few hours on BO but 20 days on MW2.

And Ryan, did you pick up black ops? I jumped into your free for all match last night and I must say for just picking up MW2 and a ps3 you are pretty darn good.

I tried to jump into a game with you but didn't have the map, and That wasn't me playing, I'm not that good yet.

no black ops yet, ill get good at mw2 first

I was just pullin' chains with you guys. grin I do not even have a copy yet. laugh I am working a deal right now with some kid who is texting me between classes on unloading my copy of MW2 to him for $35.00 after he gets out of school. He is on a peddle bike, but he can meet me at Holiday Gas station in Elk River around 3:30pm. That is true. laugh I just put it up on pagenlist and is was gone for more than anyone would trade in for.

With MW2 gone and if B.O. flops, I guess that just means more time off the Xbox until MW3 comes out. IMO worth the risk. wink

Dtro I am the same exact way. Cold War IMO was not exciting and how many times can you beet Russia in a console game? I hope MW3 will be Vietnam. MW2 covered the new aspect to military and Vietnam had some of those aspects. Maybe it will be as cool as the hype but I agree also with COD does not make take notice as much as Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward, maybe not even the same anymore, I feel makes a better game.

Got my first 5 killstreak and didn't know how to operate the little buggy thing - and promptly blew my self up.

Ahh the feeling of being a noob again.

Overall I would rate it good. Not as "crisp" as mentioned earlier compared to MW2. The maps are bigger and more levels, which I dig. I am just using the standard LMG loadout until I unlock more.

I have not experienced any lagging yet, so hopefully that will be better this time around, although I expect it to get bogged down tonight when everybody and their grandma is online.