• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitate to say this because it is relatively new, but when I logged in last night there was an update to BFlops (XBOX) and it's actually playing decent for once. I have been playing a little lately and it was absolutely horrible...laughable, in fact, and possibly the worst it has ever been (if that is even possible). Why I keep playing this awful game I have no idea...glutton for punishment I suppose. I guess it's like a car wreck and you have to watch.

Anyway, it's surprisingly been somewhat enjoyable to play since the update and when you pull the trigger the bad guys die. What a concept! Only took nine months!!

Got to log in some mid-week time yesterday afternoon and again this morning. Sporadic yesterday. Everytime a game would show lag, I would back out and come back 30-45 mins later. Rather take the loss than throw up some 4-20 junk due to lag. Jumped on for an hours worth this morning and definitely held my own with a bunch of gold guns. Way too many great features on this game to be failed by not having dedicated servers. Quick scopers are back too with the new bigger maps.

Also tried to play WaW yesterday. Unplayable due to hackers/cheaters.

I played WAW this past week also and found the same thing. Pretty much every single game I was in at least 1 or 2 people were using god mode. I can't for the life of me, understand why that is fun? I can imagine that 99% of the people that were in the same games as I was also quit as soon as the text starting rolling across the screen.

There should be a sticker warning you that your warranty is void if removed. Peel that off and screws underneath it. There are a bunch of videos on youtube showing step by step directions, that is where I learned how to do it. Really easy to do. Like I said, I think start to finish was 30 minutes. One thing I don't think they tell you, once you get the cover and stuff off, take a vaccuum to it and suck all that dust out.

id recommend getting a can of the spray used to clean your computer. Don't vaccuum your xbox out.

Spray pushes stuff into orifices in other parts. The vaccuum method works fine, especially since he will have the cover off. That is what I did when I fixed my PS3s power supply, been running great since

Doesn't matter. Every computer and/or electronics manufacturer I've ever heard of strongly suggests against using a vacuum.

But if you want to take the word of a company that can be hacked with what appears to be little effort, then go for it.

Doesn't matter. Every computer and/or electronics manufacturer I've ever heard of strongly suggests against using a vacuum.

But if you want to take the word of a company that can be hacked with what appears to be little effort, then go for it.

Here you go with the hacking junk again. My god dude. Sony has been making electronics for many years and they have forgotten more than you will ever know. I would take their word over yours. You realize the guts are encased inside and not just a bunch of boards out in the open? Doubt you do. But I have had mine open, and fixed it. As a person that went through electronics training in the Navy me fiddling around in there has more static on my body than any vaccuum. If you "blow it out" with compressed air it just doesn't magically come out the backside, it goes further inside.It isn't a straight, wide open pipe.

Its not the correct electronic handling process, but do whatever you want.

For everybody else, I would strongly suggest not taking the shortcut of using a vacuum to clean out your electronic devices. They don't manufacturer these devices in static-free rooms just for the fun of it.

Had the local electronics store clean and replace some parts on my LCD projection TV. They used a vacum on it. I asked about it and they said that's what all the manufactures recommend. They said to use a low speed vacum does not create the static charge that a high speed one will? They said the chance of a static charge is less than the overheating from not cleaning.

Battery operated vacuums can be used and usually are designated specifically for cleaning electronics.

Using your typical vacuum is like playing Russian roulette. Five times you're good, the sixth time not so much.

No, but it's controlled as much as it can be and the better manufacturing facilities wouldn't allow joe shmoe to waltz into these areas without being prepped first.

Same as when you open up your electronic device at home...you need to control the static as much as you can and using a vacuum goes in the complete opposite direction of that.

Anybody that has worked with this equipment is aware of how it can be affected by static and that you should try to minimize it as much as possible, but the problem lies with these backyard mechanics that go in with crescent wrenches and sledgehammers to work on delicate components and then tell people that it worked for them so go for it.