• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

I like that you have to accomplish stuff to get perks...just can be frustrating. I had/have to get my pro perks back since I prestiged but I got my warlord pro, lightweight pro, close to ghost pro & Hardened Pro, and I got the super secret unknown Jazz Hands Pro. I need to get to level 30 so I can get my precious Strela 3 back!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on for a short spell last evening and was able to use the Hacker Pro perk I unlocked last week. It is pretty cool to turn the enemies SAM turrets and Century guns back on them without them being able to tell till after they are dead. Cool thing about it when you hack a SAM turret and your team calls in a helicopter, the SAM turret fires at it without knocking it down to make it look as it is trying to knock it down. I guess I can switch up care packages as a boobietrap also so when the enemy crowds around to suck a car package in, boom! Blow'em up. grin

the only Pro I have so far is Ghost...haven't really used it to it's full advantage yet either. I'lll have to work on hacker pro as that seems cool. No idea what I need to do to get it though.

I was on for a short spell last evening and was able to use the Hacker Pro perk I unlocked last week. It is pretty cool to turn the enemies SAM turrets and Century guns back on them without them being able to tell till after they are dead. Cool thing about it when you hack a SAM turret and your team calls in a helicopter, the SAM turret fires at it without knocking it down to make it look as it is trying to knock it down. I guess I can switch up care packages as a boobietrap also so when the enemy crowds around to suck a car package in, boom! Blow'em up. grin

I am pretty sure you can rig cars to blow too. In domination on the level in the city. the C flag has cars around it. Ive seen it where people rig the cars with explosives and when the enemy is at C BOOM dead!

PI i was thinking you should be able to do something with the RC cars, but by the time you hold down the "x" button boom your dead. Just do not see how effective this could be when carried out, but would be pretty cool to send back the enemies own RC with the red blinking light right into the spawn.

the only Pro I have so far is Ghost...haven't really used it to it's full advantage yet either. I'lll have to work on hacker pro as that seems cool. No idea what I need to do to get it though.

Actually pretty easy. Not sure what I did but it involved little effort.

Ghost Pro is my next attempt. I guess it is even has something to it where even the enemy has a hard time seeing you on the ground.

Weird things have been going on with BLOps. I have not gotten any footage yet of it happening to me during game play (well have not pull any yet), but this gives you an idea of what I am talking about:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

FYI ~

Hey PS3 community –

We are aware that many online players have been experiencing connectivity issues since Tuesday’s patch. We have been working hard to track down the cause and fix them as quickly as we can. We’ve already updated the game with one “hot fix” since Tuesday’s release that has improved many of those connectivity problems, and we’ve got more coming, so stay tuned.

Forum feedback has been tremendously helpful. In fact, we’ve been on the forums, monitoring feedback and in a number of cases, working with community members directly, so please keep the feedback coming. In the meantime, know that we’re committed to doing everything we can to support the best online experience, and we’re working quickly to resolve this issue.

NOTE: There have been rumors suggesting that deleting your save data will improve network connectivity. Please do not delete your save data, as it will not have an effect on network connectivity. A hot fix was released at 9:30p PST last night, coinciding with the first instance of this rumor, and this hot fix is the reason many users have experienced improved connectivity.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback. As always, we will keep you updated.

Thanks

Haven't been on since I had issues last week. May give it a try tonight, if snow blowing doesn't completely occupy my evening!! smile

One problem I found after the update is that you can't mute players when in the lobby, and after you select their name and back out, instead of sending you back to the lobby it sends you to your friends list so you have to hit the back button (B) one more time to get back to the main lobby screen. I've been told that this is a problem on the PS3 as well. You can still mute the player after the match starts, though.

Other than that minor problem the update seemed to be OK for the XBOX.

Playing Summit tonite (worst map on this game, IMO) and I was runnin with the Stakeout, shoot a guy point blank, he goes down and shoots me in second chance. He gets revived, I re-spawn and shoot same guy again point blank- same thing. Goes into second chance and shoots me, and he gets revived. Dude went 17-4. What a joke

One problem I found after the update is that you can't mute players when in the lobby, and after you select their name and back out, instead of sending you back to the lobby it sends you to your friends list so you have to hit the back button (B) one more time to get back to the main lobby screen. I've been told that this is a problem on the PS3 as well. You can still mute the player after the match starts, though.

Other than that minor problem the update seemed to be OK for the XBOX.

I noticed the mute thing too. after going in and out of the palyer cards it finally showed up for me to mute them.

Darren I think you are right it is C4. I know someone on our team did it when we played domination. maybe they can enlighten us.

I played capture the flag last night with some guys from Chicago. They owned everyone!

They would all camp on the enemies flag and rack up kill streaks. Finally after having a bunch of kill streaks like a couple chopper gunners, couple dogs, ect ect. they would capture three flags.

Round would be over and we'd switch sides. After they would switch sides, capture 2 flags, they would hide the third enemy flag from everyone. The entire team would guard that guy who has the last flag while they all used their kill streak rewards. I was on their team when they were doing this.

The guy who had the flag died right next to me so I grabbed the flag and headed to capture it to end the round. Man did they get mad when I ran towards the flag and ran circles around it before I capped the 3rd flag which caused the round to end.

They had 2 chopper gunners, one dogs, 3 attack helicopters, and multiple care packages to use! Boy where they unhappy! But I got 5 captures that round!

In the end almost all the guys on the team had about 40+ kills and less than 15 deaths. I imagine if I hadn't ended that round they would have had close to 80 kills a piece!

They were really mad and complaining I messed up their KDR and caused it to go down. lol

Playing Summit tonite (worst map on this game, IMO) and I was runnin with the Stakeout, shoot a guy point blank, he goes down and shoots me in second chance. He gets revived, I re-spawn and shoot same guy again point blank- same thing. Goes into second chance and shoots me, and he gets revived. Dude went 17-4. What a joke

Second chance is unbelievable for sure. I hate it. If I drop someone I run away, reload and start firing at him before I even turn the corner to get him again.

The worst is when you drop them at point blank and you hit the Melee and it wont knife them like it would in MW2. I had two last night where they dropped down in second chance or last stand whatever it is and I knifed them but it missed and it allowed them to knife me.

Summit is a fun map! I like it better than most maps. I also really like nuke town again now that I know all the other alternate ways to get into the houses to get the campers!

It sure takes me a long time to warm up. I started playing last night after the vikes game and I didn't start merc'n foolz hardcore until about 2am but it continued until about 5am. smile Had to get a long session in because I will be gone all week. Plus it was my reward to myself after finishing building 2 spinning rods in 4 days. Was having fun running around shooting peeps with the RPG!

I was hoping a few of you guys were on last night.

I played ps3 for a while and than headed to the box. Larry and I were playing with one of Brian's coworkers in a little combat training. It was pretty fun, us three vs a bunch of bots we programmed to be a bit better than normal. Took a break, watch a little bit of the vikes game and headed to bed.

Rob do you usually work over nights that you are up most the night all the time?

Seemed pretty smooth last night as far as game play went. I'm sure I cussed about second chance a few times though. smile

Nothing I hate worse than playing with peeps who don't understand or don't to play Domination correctly.

Here's a newsflash......If your teammate is in the zone trying to capture it while fending off the enemy and counting the ticks left on the bar, don't run by like an i.d.i.o.t without at least trying to help out. mad The capture time is exponentionally reduced with each person in the zone.

Go play TDM you worthless slugs. grin

Nothing I hate worse than playing with peeps who don't understand or don't to play Domination correctly.

Here's a newsflash......If your teammate is in the zone trying to capture it while fending off the enemy and counting the ticks left on the bar, don't run by like an i.d.i.o.t without at least trying to help out. mad The capture time is exponentionally reduced with each person in the zone.

Go play TDM you worthless slugs. grin

Encountered two bad cases of that last night! First one a guy was bragging after wards about his K/D ratio being the best in the game, but he only had one capture and zero defends. We lost. mad

Second time we lost by ten points. Looking at the standings three guys played the entire game and had 0 captures, 0 defends. cry I mean seriously???!!!!! I can't believe we were even competitive playing with half a team. It did seem that as soon as I captured a flag the enemy was capturing one of ours. Want to say I had 11 captures that game.

I don't get it. Are you that bad that you have to try and boost your K/D by shooting fish in a barrel???

FYI ~

Patch 1.05 released at 2AM PST on 12/22/10. This patch is part of a series of ongoing improvements to online connectivity which will be continued over the next few weeks. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we’ve been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.

IN PROGRESS:

* • Addressing a freeze that would occur in rare situations involving a combination of high player counts and many killstreaks / explosions occurring simultaneously in a concentrated area

* • Further improvements to party reliability to address an issue where mixed NAT types connecting and disconnecting can cause players to drop in some situations

* • Investigating “infinite loading screen” issue reported by some users

LIVE FIXES

12/22 (full patch 1.05)

* • Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch

* • Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled

* • Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby

* • Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies

* • Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split

* • Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams

Encountered two bad cases of that last night! First one a guy was bragging after wards about his K/D ratio being the best in the game, but he only had one capture and zero defends. We lost. mad

Second time we lost by ten points. Looking at the standings three guys played the entire game and had 0 captures, 0 defends. cry I mean seriously???!!!!! I can't believe we were even competitive playing with half a team. It did seem that as soon as I captured a flag the enemy was capturing one of ours. Want to say I had 11 captures that game.

I don't get it. Are you that bad that you have to try and boost your K/D by shooting fish in a barrel???

I try to tell a lot of people this. you could have 6 kills and 50 deaths but as long as we keep those two flags, or keep getting those captures you win! KDR doesn't matter anyway! If you are worried about your KDR you are playing the game for the wrong reasons. I play to have fun, sure to win sometimes as well but for the most part is about having fun with all you guys on both platforms!