• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

I've never seen camping in MW2 like I have in B/O HC matches. It's not my style of play in FPS games, but to each their own. But you either have to adapt and overcome, or if you can't beat em, join em.

Never was too big on HC.

I agree about camping though, it does frustrate me and at times I have maybe hung out in one area for far too long... but if someone can keep killing you from the same place agian, and again then shame on you for allowing it, not shame on them for doing it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about camping though, it does frustrate me and at times I have maybe hung out in one area for far too long... but if someone can keep killing you from the same place agian, and again then shame on you for allowing it, not shame on them for doing it.

I keep going till I kill them. However, it seems they only get me twice or maybe three times before I get em back

What's the deal with the players that have similar names except for a "(1)" behind it? For example, there will be JoeBlow and then on the same team is JoeBlow(1). I've never noticed this before BOps came along and now I see it frequently.

Just got the game last night for ps3 and it sure doesn't seem nearly as smooth as mw2 was. This one seems like there is a lot of lag, maybe I need to upgrade more internet. I would get a few twitchy matches on mw2 but it seems like every one so far on black ops is terrible, am I missing something?

no worries larry I jumped in on a few wager matches with P.I. He didn't stand a chance til I got tired and I just let him win....lol....the whole team didn't stand a chance till they all ganged up on me and were all standing in a line as I shot all of them.....had a great time and liked the slower pace.

You guys should see lawnmower mans Icon on black ops. Hes got the tent and fire lol.

Nooooo.....

Now I have a tent on rolling hills, stars in the sky, the moon coming out from behind some clouds with lightning bolts, a campfire and pink and purple flowers...

People lecture me when I camp, and I say look at my playercard, it's right there.

Although, I don't do ANYWHERE as much camping on BOps as I did on MW2.

I’m trying to think of another game that makes me want to smash my controller as bad as this game. Maybe Metroid or Punch Out for the NES.

One of these nights I’m going to lose it and go off like that Elpresador dude on Youtube.

The game is so inconsistent, one match the gameplay is super smooth and I’m actually killing people, then the next game it takes 4 clips in the noggin to kill the guy.

The game is so inconsistent, one match the gameplay is super smooth and I’m actually killing people, then the next game it takes 4 clips in the noggin to kill the guy.

I thought that since the initial update it's been fairly decent, but last night I couldn't stand it and had to shut it off. It was ridiculous.

I actually didn't complain about campers last night at all. I had some guy throwing me the dad jokes again. Two nights in a row!

Wish deitz was on to hear it he would have been cracking up.

Than the guy that was talking smack about how he was going to knife me got owned by me the whole match.

Than he got stuck on our team. lol he stopped talking smack and just started talking instead.

MUTE

Maybe I'll check out early......Since I head for Vegas on Monday. I might as well relax a bit before I start working.. PI, that Turkey guy was funning....and yes you did own him. Man we got spanked on that second match of Nuketown domination. Maybe you shouldn't have been talking the smack that we were going to dominate them again.

Maybe I'll check out early......Since I head for Vegas on Monday. I might as well relax a bit before I start working.. PI, that Turkey guy was funning....and yes you did own him. Man we got spanked on that second match of Nuketown domination. Maybe you shouldn't have been talking the smack that we were going to dominate them again.

DARN CAMPERS smile

We had a comeback for a while. next thing you know there were grenades everywhere. I think they had the warlord perk or whatever it is where you get double nades.

Dtro, I watched that Video you were talking about, that elpreasador dude.. holy carp I laughed my you know what off.

It would have been sweet if he did all that during the game. Sadly all his matches come from theater mode. Perhaps shack can start recording our games and voices smile

I've been reading things here and there, and wow, it seems like just about everyone is experiencing the same issues with latency/lag.

As it turns out, those with the best connections are getting the brunt of it. Usually the Host is the one who suffers.

This explains a lot:

Black Ops has some of the worst implemented latency compensation. Players with average to below average connections will either not notice this (average connection) or benefit from it (poor connection).

Players with superior connections are punished by having their hit reg, as well as sync delayed by a seemingly arbitrary amount, in an attempt to normalize latency across all players in the lobby, while players with poor connections have their hit reg expedited. Meaning almost every face to face encounter is decided by who has the worst connection, as you are actually competing against the net code and not the individual.

This can be remedied by saturating your bandwidth, which produces artificially high latency. Though, for those of us with a great deal of bandwidth, even that can be a chore. Just be mindful that you don't saturate to the point of affecting data packet transfer, as that will have a negative effect. That said, there is only so much you can do to increase you latency and you can only increase it so much.

Even in games where every player has green bars, there is still a lot of compensation happening, as green bars no longer mean an acceptable amount of latency. In Black Ops, green bars range anywhere from 0 to ~300ms of latency.

tl:dr - if you are having issues with other players magically dropping you with a single round after you have fired an entire magazine into them - SATURATE YOUR BANDWIDTH. In Black Ops, HIGH latency reigns supreme; while LOW latency (especially host) is punished.

Those that say "get a better connection" are in fact the ones with sub par connections, don't listen to them.

LOL. Remember right after the game came out I mentioned how bad the latency/hit detection was and supposedly my connection was to blame and there was all this mumbo jumbo about NAT this and DMZ that. smilewhistle

I found this one quite humorous:

And, just out of curiosity I played a game running the Xbox wireless connection off the wireless tether on my Droid and the hit detection was 10x better... So I guess the morale of the story is that the slower your connection, the better your advantage in game...