• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

I have not heard this issue yet on PS3, the only thing seems to be backing out of a lobby even if the host goes first then everyone else backs you still have to restart the party.

I dont know if you guys were around for the MW2 launch but the party system was an absolute mess. It was just as bad if not worse than what you guys are describing. You had to restart your PS3 then you could join a party if you got booted or party dropped only way to have a chance back in was to restart your system.

I realise the graphics are not on par with MW2 but the gameplay is still fun if not a little more fun without all the junk that made MW2 annoying towards the end like the no scopers, noobtubers/one man army/danger close, and commando lunge among other things.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I agree the gameplay is fun. Tried zombies last night, that was a riot. I also see gamemodes such as barebones which could also extend the life of this one.

Just need to fix a couple of things...

I dont know if you guys were around for the MW2 launch but the party system was an absolute mess. It was just as bad if not worse than what you guys are describing. You had to restart your PS3 then you could join a party if you got booted or party dropped only way to have a chance back in was to restart your system.

What one of my other PS friends came up with for MW2 when it first came out, was to delete your friend, re-add them than send invites. It was a PIA

LIMIT just my theory and not fact. Mainly what I picked up reading around on the net.

Dtro IMHO there is no comparison between the two. I will try to get some video up, but it is a total night & day visual and playing experience when using HDMI. Defiant on the instant visual quality. Good or bad while playing? That depends, but a very different experience and one that is cheap enough that I recommend to give it a shot.

If you are not running an HDMI connection I would, the next time your out, go to Wal-fart and buy their Sony HDMI high speed cable for about $30.00. That, or get the same thing, spearchucker credit, on Newegg or Amazon for for about $7.99. I will add that I feel it is mostly in the adjustment in the human eye. You play on components for awhile your eyes adjust and you do not see the imperfections. Play a couple weeks on HDMI and switch back to components and you will see how crazy goofed up it is. Really not trying to tweak anything. Just wanting to experience what I paid and are paying for the way the equipment was designed to display and be used. I am guilty of just "hooking" stuff up and I also believed there was not much difference, until I switched and used the features properly. As far as my Xbox Live connection, this happened to and it took months of me playing before I finally acknowledged there was an issue after being told. Thanks to my son and friends of course. grin

Nelson, I am not ruling out my Actiontec router one bit. Yep it is now in DMZ and switched from PPPoA to PPPoE/Static IP and configed with the Xbox. Still have only 3 bars and light green, but the big thing I have noticed is this stays the same all the time now. I do not get heavy lag when someone or even the host's signal drops. I have not even seen a red blip low signal bar, which I would see every once and awhile when something was going on (lag switch). I flip on the team players screen and to check kill and deaths and my three bars are solid while others playing is flipping up and down.

Sorry Larry I missed ya, but Andy and I had a pretty good run last night. Just have to know when to say "when" or steadily you drop in your game play. grin Then you wake up with your kids trying to sneak the controller out of your hand as not to wake up the old man on a snowy Saturday morning. grin

I will even throw this up for what it is worth. Even though videoing IMO does not capture nearly what the eye does when viewed in actual life and immediately switched over.

It all does depend on how new and what type of TV or monitor you viewing the source from:

LOL an HDMI hater. laugh Hey I can not blame you. I have bought the upgrade gold Freekenshtein brand S.V.OO.G 2.90 cables in the past, paid good money and had not noticed much, if anything, in the display. This time I did. I guess I am running my console on LED 1080 120hz TV, which could explain things. Once I started to play the xbox, do to light & noise issues using it on the TV upstairs, we moved the console downstairs to our good TV and hooked it up with an HDMI. I am not sure it makes any difference, but it is an Elite also. Just going to a single slim cord hook up is also a cool feature. grin

I owe you a case of beer grin. Maybe we will swap that out for an HDMI. wink I know, I know, yes, yes. The case of beer will give you more please. grin It is a cool difference. Not earth shattering. If I recall when I had mentioned last summer about switching to the HDMI and the jump in the display resolution, some others had experienced this as well.

Speaking of "hype" stuff with electronics, look at this:

Quote:
Save $540

Save big on a Samsung 50" class 3D-ready plasma HDTV, two pairs of 3D glasses, the new Call of Duty: Black Ops video game, and up to a $50 credit for movie titles. Pay just $969.96*!

Follow these steps:

Select your movies and get up to $50 in savings.

Return to this offer page.

Select the HDTV below by checking the box to its right.

Select Call of Duty: Black Ops below.

Select the 3D glasses below.

Select the second pair of 3D glasses below.

Click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the page.

*$1,099.99 TV + $299.98 3D Glasses (2 pairs) + $59.99 Call of Duty: Black Ops + Up to $50 in Movie Titles = $1,509.96 Regular Price - $130 TV Savings - $410 Package Savings = $969.96 Package Price

Products must be purchased on the same receipt. Customer receives up to $50 credit toward movies at Best Buy stores and BestBuy website. Best Buy will not refund customers the difference for movie purchases less than the credit amount. Credit is good at the time of purchase only, not for future purchases. Not valid or compatible with any other offers. See offer details.

Were these TVs not just like $4000 this last summer? Not sure what 3D ready means though. I wonder how the lag is on this setup? laugh

My kids have been in the hidden screen where you rip yourself out of the chair at the main menu and have been playing in 3D mode. It stretches the screen a little, but allows for the split on split screen to run vertical instead of horizontal.

A guy I work with plays Black Ops on a 60" 3D TV and he said it almost makes him sick.

One thing I am getting sick of is people leaving, and they are the host. Was 8-2 today, had the remote control car, napalm strike and mortar strike- not used any of them yet, and someone left and we all got kicked out. Thanks buddy!!

How about they fix the part where I unload a clip into a guy's chest, yet he knocks me out with two-three shots after I'm half a clip into air-holing him? It's become so laughable now that I just shake my head.

LIMIT believe me it takes some time. I am warming up to it though. My kids were playing campaign and (minus the language) it is pretty cool. Enough to even get me to play play campaign. They even use JFK. They sure are in Vietnam with this game. I missed where Vietnam was officially part of the cold war. Good music though.

Dtro it denies me access. Is that the joke. laugh

I have never played but have watched a 3D TV in the store. I am out to lunch as it being a better way to watch TV. I know the regular game makes some people sick and I am sure 3D would do the same even more so. I wonder how these people would feel with 3D and Xbox Kinect?

I have not seen much talk about even regular TV, Black Ops & Kinect. The warnings are out though:

Fun night again.. and it wasnt even thursday.. Yee haw.. THe last game for me of the night may have been the most fun I have had in a long time.. Somehow I ended up on the wrong team. I think I went 5 kills and about 18 deaths.. every time I died I looked to see who got me. Dang you RAT, quit stabbing me. .Shoot me like a real man!

On a side note, I did have a couple really good games last night. I had a 22-6 and an 18-7 and a 15-15 which is good for me. LOL

After my fair share of time with this game, I can say that there are a few things I really dislike, and a few that I really like.

The spawn system is just not good at all. It's not as bad as having one "spawn central" to get spawn raped like some older games, but having you spawn right in front of the enemy isn't good either. It's almost impossible sometimes to get back into the action without being pelted in the back.

The party migration is a joke (at least on the 360) and I see guys spending more time trying to get into a game with their pals than they do actually playing the game. As I posted above it looks like a fix is on the way, but with the money this franchise has made, there is NO excuse for a bug like that. Simple map collisions, or weapon glitches I can understand, but not a major thing like this.

The hit detection is suspect at times, but there no doubt is a sweet spot on that round thing that sits on the enemies shoulders. wink

On the good side, I think the game is balanced really well. I don't see any 1 weapon being abused or having a significant advantage over the others (Although the R/C cars are more annoying than mosquitos). I don't have them all unlocked yet, but so far so good.

The weapons, playercard, and character customizations are awesome. I think these ideas will be carried forward on next generation games.

The monetary system, wagering, and contracts are fun. I like that I can buy only what I want or need.

....oh and the exploding crossbow is not only fun, it is dead on across the map. grin

I am going around using different guns and I am having no luck any of them at all. Still seems a majority of my kills are when I run into an enemy around a corner I get the jump on the knife.

Hit detection plain out sucks and hardened is just as good as stopping power.

I unload a clip with the famas from a distance and they sit there and shoot at me when I'm reloading and I die? Also the point blank shots are ridiculous. I hit them three time point blank and they turn and I die instantly?

Merge sucks, but I do not have to much problem with it. It seems to be console specific. In a particular group the same person kept getting the boot and everyone else is fine.

Spawn does suck. They kept spawning behind me. frown

Sticks and Stones is awesome and I fare really well in the wager matches!

I actually think it is more of a connection thing (ping speed or latency) than hit detection. When I watch the kill cams on suspect instances, a lot of times I see a different fire fight than what I saw in real time and the enemy is getting their shots in first.

Either way I’m still having fun with the game and it’s nice to see they pretty much took care of quick scoping. Yes there will be some lucky shots, but it is all but gone now.

I do know this, the guys that had a high K/D ratio in previous COD’s are still right up there and stand out from the rest, (just like always), so it can’t be that bad.

I'm sick of people acting like 8th graders while playing this game laugh

I think it's a good game, I don't read too much into things. I'm not that good at it, but it still keeps me playing. I've been playing campaign the last couple evenings. I'm pretty sure I'm almost done with it, if you haven't played it yet, it's an awesome story.

Lot of people complaining about shot detection....too many to say it's a connection speed issue, IMO. If it was in issue in MW2 it surely was isolated and not this bad, and it's so noticable that it's doubtful that everyone's internet speeds just dropped all of a sudden. I know that I don't have the fastest IP connection out there, but it sure isn't any slouch either. They need to do something about syncing up the players.

I don't know what to say about the kill cam and if there are any conclusions you can draw from it. There are times that I know I'm drawing dead aim on a guy and firing before he sees me, but then on the kill cam it looks like I'm just sitting there and he's firing away. Does this mean that I'm lagging behind the other guy, or is it just a flawed kill cam replay? With the repeated bogus deaths I'm getting I'd have to say that their syncing is making players lag more than others.

Yes, I think it does mean that you are lagging behind...just my opinion.

Just because we all have good connections, doesn't mean that there isn't something hosed up in how BOPS is matching us all up. I notice quite often that during certain matches things runs much smoother and my shots are doing exactly what I would expect them to.

It is frustrating for sure. frown

Leech, you mom's an 8th grader too. grin