• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's It Worth??

HawgMan

Have a question for all you sled heads, have an opportunity to pick up a 2006 Polaris 600 HO Fusion w/ 1900 miles on it for $3000 or maybe a little less. Question is, is this a good deal or what is it really worth?? Any known issues w/ this model, or are they a pretty solid machine?

Thanx!!

I don't know, with only 1900 miles on it, it may not be a bad price if everything looks good. Any cracks in hood like it was rolled? Check the motor compression out and ask if it had any eng, work done? wink

All ya gotta do, is do a search on the net for sleds for sale for 3K and under. You will get a very good taste for what things are going for (or at least asking prices). Personally, I don't think you can get much more sled for 3K than the one you're looking at. Assuming everything works as it should and it's clean, I think it's a good deal.

if I remember correctly wasn't there a major issue with the fusions overheating and something else. You might want to check up on that I know there was a big recall on it because my uncles sled was in the shop for almost a month.

if I remember correctly wasn't there a major issue with the fusions overheating and something else. You might want to check up on that I know there was a big recall on it because my uncles sled was in the shop for almost a month.

thats why I said not a deal... If the updates are done and the sled had over 3000 miles that would make me feel like its running like it should... but 3k is on the high side. trust me. and always remember there is another deal just around the corner. you dont have to have it and he needs the cash your the driver not the pasenger here...

the recall was on the 900 engine fusion, even with the updates they never have gotten the engine right. the 600 version of the sled was pretty bullet proof, its very heavy compared to other 600 class sleds but very durable. its a pretty good deal at 3k but if you can get it down to 2.5k its better. if the guy didn't get the updates done, walk away as the guy does not know how to maintain sleds and there is no way to determine if there are other major issues.

I've talked with the owner & he says all updates were done by Mies Outland Polaris dealership. He also did a compression test yesterday & both cylinders were 115 psi. (Is 115 where they should be at?) Also stated he's fogged the engine & changed the chain case oil every year. Stored indoors during off season.

i'm not positive on the psi of the cylinders, a phone call to your closest dealer would give you the answer. I think its a good deal, again only what i think. depends on what you are looking for in a sled and what you want your sled to be able to do.