• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

diesel question

I have a 3/4 4x4 ram quad cab with no issues. working in the fleet shop for a city we had all types of vehicles including dodge hd and i cannot remember a time when we had trans issues. the one thing i do know is when they came out with the cummins engine the trans had issues because of the torque. but since then they have tuned the torque down to accommodate the engine. if we could get an allison behind it then you would have a machine that would go til the body fell off.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 02 duramax with 305,950 miles. In that time 1 starter, 2 water pumps,5 sets of tires and 1 tran.pump that rubed a hole thought the case. the oil samples that I have sent in since new still say to change at 12,000 miles. it has very low metal counts meaning that every thing looks good yet. We are keeping it as a backup and see how many miles it will go. We have 3 duramaxs and a dodge in fleet, the chevys seem to be the better trucks. I will have to see how the 2010 chevy holds up, i"m happy so far.