• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trouble with bow sights and string

going4it

I shoot my bow a few times a week and it seems like every once in a while my pins are totally off. Yesterday I had to use my 45 yard pin to shoot at 20 yards. Everything is tight on the sights. I am frusterated and confused about what could be going wrong. I feel like I am anchoring in the same spot every time. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Also I was looking at my string yesterday and it looked like my string was fraying down by the bottom cam. It is not the string itself but its the black wrap that goes around the string if that makes any sense. The bow is not even a year old. Ideas?

Is your peep sight sliding up or down? Check to make sure that it doesnt slide easily. That would be the first thing I would check. Also make sure your rest isnt loose, it might be moving down on you. I always go and tighten every screw on my bow at the beginning of the year and then at least once more before hunting season just to make sure nothing is going to move.

The string shouldnt stretch anymore if its a year old so I doubt that is it. As for the serving starting to fray is it just fraying or starting to come undone? If it is just fraying that is pretty normal, I would just rub some string wax on it and keep an eye on it.

You said you think you are anchoring in the same spot every time but if there is any doubt you arent I would suggest getting a kisser button.