• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA vs Hockey East

cbrooks

They should have a yearly tourament where these two conferences play each other. Take the four best out of each conference and have them play during maybe Christmas break. I think there would be alot of interest among the college fans. Would you guys think.

If it was 5-10 years ago the WCHA would absolutely dominate. If it was held the past 5 years, Hockey East would. I would think it would be a great rivalry, but I think it would have to replace some other tourney as the guys need that rest in the middle of the season. If some teams had the rest and others didn't, I don't think you'd see any schools sign up for it.

Every year teams have a tournament right after new years. Replace those with a East Vs West and you would probably have more draw.

5 years ago, when the WCHA made up the entire frozen four, would have been a great year to hold that tourney! The WCHA needs to get back into that form again.

Every year teams have a tournament right after new years. Replace those with a East Vs West and you would probably have more draw.

That would be perfect. I just think something like this could draw in alot of interest. College hockey is always trying to draw more fans in. It could also make the pairwise more cut and dry ,maybe.

The after holiday tourny is meant to be a cake walk.It is a break for these guys. Teams are missing some of their best guys with the WJ tourny.

If you look back we used to play BC and BU in the season near that time. We cant anymore because of all the complaints about that the other teams had about not playing the good teams to get a chance at power rankings.

WCHA is way better, I dont care that we lost a few games here.

I have to believe that our conference takes a toll on its players. I have watched alot of eastern games and some of them are a joke. Look at the regular season, WCHA has to of had the better record VS.

Do you think that the WCHA tourny takes its toll on there players. That tourny is almost bigger than the Frozen 4. Teams look like they care more and try harder too.

When you say that some eastern games are a joke, are you referring to Hockey East games or other eastern conference games (Atlantic or ECAC). If you are referring to Hockey East, I gotta disagree. That is a tough conference with a lot of depth. A few week sisters on the bottom, similar to WCHA. The ECAC has a few tough teams at the top. Atlantic is pretty weak.

Talent level or physicality level? There are some talented teams out there, but if they played our physical teams more often, they would get pummeled.

Seams like some of those eastern games have the physicality of soccer.

The WCHA is and has been the 3rd best conference in the country for like 4 years now. Both the CCHA which had a better record against the WCHA this year and has out performed the WCHA in the NCAA playoff's over the same time period and Hockey East have been better recently.

We can kid ourselves all we want about the WCHA of old but those days are and have been over for a while my friends.

We already have a conference battle with the CCHA so it's doubtful we'll have anything more than the few non-conference games/tourneys we already have going on with Hockey East!

The WCHA hasn't been that bad, just in a down trend. These things tend to go in cycles, the WCHA will be back on top before you know it. We aren't dominating like the early years but I still think we win about half the titles. (Edit: 14 WCHA titles in the past 30 years)

I remember things looking pretty bad in the 90's, there was always some super power from the East or some rugged CCHA teams that were running us over on the way to a title but it wasn't long before the WCHA won 7 out of 8 NCAA titles, we will be back!

Im gonna look up the numbers. I cant believe the East could be better than the west. Or WCHA.. Maybe the WCHA schedule and phyical play takes a toll on these guys, who knows. I dont like excuses. I will look it up.

Here you go, WCHA vs Eastern teams, in general.

30 wins and 6 losses.

WCHA VS Hockey East

9 wins 2 losses.

WCHA VS CCHA

11 wins and 13 losses.

NOt to make and excuse but 7 of those losses came from Michigan Tech and Alaska, 2 horrible teams.

WCHA looks pretty darn good.

The WCHA is and has been the 3rd best conference in the country for like 4 years now. Both the CCHA which had a better record against the WCHA this year and has out performed the WCHA in the NCAA playoff's over the same time period and Hockey East have been better recently.

We can kid ourselves all we want about the WCHA of old but those days are and have been over for a while my friends.

We already have a conference battle with the CCHA so it's doubtful we'll have anything more than the few non-conference games/tourneys we already have going on with Hockey East!

Couldn't agree more Pier...sometimes it just hurts to admit it's true.