• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How much off MSRP?

toughguy

I am thinking about picking up a 2010 sled this summer if I can find a good deal. I am looking at an AC F8 SnoPro. How much off of MSRP will dealers typically go that time of year?

Also how do you guys finance your sleds? Do you go through the bank or through the dealer? How bad are the rates? I've always just paid cash and got 5-10 year old sleds in the past.

If you have to borrow money to buy a toy, you should drive the old one for longer! Pay yourself the payment every month and then when you have it saved up, buy the sled. ZERO percent interest!!!

If you have to borrow money to buy a toy, you should drive the old one for longer! Pay yourself the payment every month and then when you have it saved up, buy the sled. ZERO percent interest!!!

I do agree with lawdog. Out of buying anything new, a sled is most likely the worst investment anyone could make (even paying straight cash). I have seen too many buddies who had to make the call to Jack Prescott and part of the "chapter of what ever" included a snowmobile & jet-ski loan pay off. crazy IMO they just ran into bad situations, but I would rather be able to move a sled to free up some cash then to pay off part of a loan and still be negative. wink

If selling anything you have for sled parts or sleds does not cover the amount you need, look into other thing you have purchased (hobbies) that just are not what you thought it would be or do not use much.

Sledding is great and a new or newer sled even makes it better. Just be prepared for a snow-less winter next season. grin I could tell ya a couple tails of sorrow form the late 90's and early 00's laugh Nothing like making a monthly payment on something you can not use for a couple years or only once around this area. I would suggest a long track of sorts so at least you can go out of state (more money) if we do not get any or very little snow around here. wink

Given that, a credit union is the way to go IMO (or at least prior to 5 or so years ago). Major banks will not loan on something with out a title (a sled has a title of sorts though) and will even balk now because of the state of the economy (or charge threw the ying yang on interest). When I wanted to invest in a one-in-a-life time deal that I had to buy that weekend, which included an 03' Bobcat S-185 with under a 100 hundred hours on it (back in early 05') for half of what the owner paid for it new in 04'. The credit union was my only option. Wells Fargo (who had all my banks accounts & mortgage at the time) would not even touch borrowing me even half without it being a titled item. Even if was a titled item, it would have been 12%+. At the time I did have about half of the sale price in savings. The local credit union (never even banked with them before then) said "no problem" and gave me a full amount loan at 7 something % interest, as long as I certified the serial number through the state the following week. Within a month or two I sold some off some things, made some money with it, and payed off the remainder of the loan. I still have a savings account with them because the rate is just better than WF can offer.

This may not make many snowmobile sales people happy grin but IMO if I needed to barrow any money quickly & cheaply, I would go straight to my local credit union. wink

i agree northlander

it will take me 4-5 yrs to pay for my boat but this one will long out last me i'm sure..(last one i had for 19yrs and made payments for 3

that boat didnt owe me a thing...many many many hrs on the water

and lots of walleyes went into that boat !!!!!)

and i enjoy fishing and dont have many concerns about breaking down

or to windy...etc..etc

not all of are DR's ATT's and so on

if you love to snowmobile by all means go for it

like northlander said if you wait til your 50 you be mad you missed all those yrs watching people

everybody has a passion.....go for it.....asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!