• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha 115 4stroke

blakeb

i Have a 2006 four stroke 115 yamaha, i was wondering do yall follow the factory schedule for maintance?

Do the valves need adjustment at any certain times?

And had anyone had a quiet yet high pitched squeal?

I have an 01 f115 that I have owned since new, and have done zero maint besides, oil changes and lower unit changes. I average about 100 hrs a year. Not a single problem with it. I called the dealer, they told me I should change the waterpump, and plugs, besides that, he said they have been a trouble free motor.

Water punp/impeller could just be good preventive maintenance when a motor gets quite a few seasons/hours on it. Have a 2004 115 and it has never skipped a beat with just the usual oil and lower unit stuff.

An absolutely GREAT outboard motor. Mine starts so fast I can barely get my fingers off the key fast enough!

And had anyone had a quiet yet high pitched squeal?

My '01 makes a sound like that but only at full throttle, so I just don't run it at full throttle - problem solved right wink

I'm assuming it's a belt or accessory bearing, I'm not going to worry about it until it becomes more common. Anyone else have ideas on that?

I have an 02 since new and I did change the timing belt and impeller after 5 seasons, just as preventive maint. I ihink the timing belt is a recommended procedure. It has been and outstanding motor.

At what point should a guy start running the Ring Free? I have a newer motor with about 25 hrs on it, I have had no problems and would like to keep it that way. What about going to something like AMSOIL?? I heard not to start with amsoil, but go to it later after motor is broke in a while..?

No problem to start with AMSOIL. Many 4-stroke outboards are started from new with synthetics from the boat manufacturer. With AMSOIL use the marine 4-stroke oil in your outboard - NMMA FCW certified - full warranty approved products: 10W-30, product code WCT or 10W-45, product code WCT.