• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

check this out- talk about over limit

basser

check out this article about a group from Iowa fishing near Detroit lakes. Should have took their boat too!! I cant get the link to post. Go to channel4000.com and check out the Iowa fishing party gets $2200.00 fine. Over the limit by 292 fish

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=5493847&BRD=2174&PAG=461&dept_id=421703&rfi=6

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 09-26-2002).]

Say they did have to go to court. Then what? Is there some sort of special Dnr court? I DON'T think So! Just because they hardly have any lakes there, they think they can come ruin ours. Thanks alot guys.
What would the judge do in court? Besides fine them? This is the reason the DNR is able to take take away what they want. How come it didn't here? Well now that I think about it.....I would rather have some drunks boat taken away. Are most of the reposessed boats and equipment from DUI people? Hip hip hooray to the guy that turned them in.

One would think 30 apiece would be enough. When faced whith an abundance of any resource, many get greedy. Would have been cheaper for them to just go to Morey's.

[This message has been edited by HOGEYE (edited 09-26-2002).]

It would be the county that the CO works out of that will have control of this. For Pool 4 this could be Wis or Mn CO's. The last big one I remember was a nice Lund Pro V. Rumor has it that the guilty party bid enough to get it back. Lets see , too many fish , big fine , about $12,000 to buy your own boat back = high cost per pound for fish you could purchase in a store. Some fun!
Dino

I agree that was a bad thing and I am glad they were caught. I don't agree with what they are doing with the fish. They thawed them out to count them and refroze them again and are going to give them to some place to be eaten.

I know ignorints of the law is no excuse, but there is not a limit on Sunfish in Iowa. There are many people that come in to Minnesota and fish that don't relize that the rules are different. When purchasing their lisence they need to get a book and read it, and do this every year because there are so many things that change from year to year.

The remark posted from that Lady saying Iowans come up there and don't spend any money was way out of line. I'm from Iowa and spend a lot of money in Minnesota and I know a lot of other Iowan's that do also.

There is no excuse for this at all. Every sportsman should know what the laws are for what they are doing for where they are at the time they are there. We must take responsibility for our own actions!