• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA incoming freshman for 2010

cbrooks

With the embarrassing showing the WCHA had this year. Its time to look for next year. Who's your teams freshman for the 2010-11 season. Here's UNDs.

Danny Mattson F

Derek Rodwell F

Nick Mattson D

Derek Forbort D

There's only one canuck smile What does everyone have for there team?

Nick Bjugstad F 6-4, A top american prospect

Max Gardiner F 6-2

Mark Alt D 6-3, high prospect

Jared Larson F 6-3, Alaska NAHL

Seth Ambroz F

Nate Condon F, From WI

Erik Haula F, Shattuck via Finland? drafted to Wild

Christian Issakson F

Ben Marshal D

Nate Schmidt D

Jake Youso F

thers is a walters and Serrotore, but I am not sure if they are signed. Not the best HSOforum i was on.

yah, Im not sure how many are coming in. I think 7 foresure. Originally I think Ambroz and Bjugsted were suppose to be 2011-12 recruits, but finished early.

5 seniors and Schroder, I think Barribal is getting Redshirt. If not there would be room for 7, also we had Loftquist quit the team. Leaving 8 spots open then. There could be another player or 2 trying to leave as well.

I think the Gophs are going to be a good team next year. We will see how the chips fall. On paper we look good. Depends on if the Freshman make and impact and if our defense live up to their offensive promise.

I forgot all about Barribal. They might be one of the youngest teams in the league next year.

Bjugstad I know he's good as well as Max Gardiner and Alt. Erik Haula, Jared Larson and Nate Condon there's some nonminnesotans. Can't wait to watch the new and improve Minnesota team:)

Dons getting desperate, reaching accross the boarder. He has picked up a few in the past. Kennedy, Chucko, Lofquist, Irman, Potulny, the later 2 courtesy of wooger.

Sometimes if your not getting all the good Minnesotans you have to look elsewhere. Fill a hole, take on a role that the 18 year olds cant fill.

SCSU also has the kid from Minnetonka coming in. Can't remember his name to save myself right now.....

Andrew Proncho?

also a few others but don't know if they are incoming freshmen next season

Joey Benik (St.Francis)

Garrett Hendrickson (Virginia/MIB)

Here are some incoming freshman for SCSU that I found on another site.

Cory Thorson-LW

Cam Reid-LC

Brandon Burrel-LD

Nick Jensen-D

Joey Benick-LC

Garret Milan-LC

Kevin Gravel-D

Bryce Ravndalen-W

Nick Oliver-LC

Brooks, who is going to make the biggest impact next year?

Forbort, Bjugsted, ambroz, Faulk, anyone else. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a guy on another team that gets more playing time. Seems like these oversized guys like Bjugsted take a year or 2 to develop and dont come out of the gates flying in college.

I think this Zucker guy might do well for Denver, 5-10, that is the size of a college player.

Here are some incoming freshman for SCSU that I found on another site.

Cory Thorson-LW

Cam Reid-LC

Brandon Burrel-LD

Nick Jensen-D

Joey Benick-LC

Garret Milan-LC

Kevin Gravel-D

Bryce Ravndalen-W

Nick Oliver-LC

I'm hearing that Benik may be playing at Penticton of the BCHL next season. Probably a good thing and hopefully he can put on a few more pounds before he gets to the WCHA.

Nick Bjugstad F 6-4, A top american prospect

Max Gardiner F 6-2

Mark Alt D 6-3, high prospect

Jared Larson F 6-3, Alaska NAHL

Seth Ambroz F

Nate Condon F, From WI

Erik Haula F, Shattuck via Finland? drafted to Wild

Christian Issakson F

Ben Marshal D

Nate Schmidt D

Jake Youso F

thers is a walters and Serrotore, but I am not sure if they are signed. Not the best HSOforum i was on.

This is the list I have seen so far:

Nick Bjugstad

Mark Alt

Jared Larson

Seth Ambroz

Nate Condon

Erik Haula

Nate Schmidt

Jake Parenteau

I think Issakson and Gardiner will be in Jr's next year, not sure where Marshal will play. Also no ideas what is going on with Youso but he has not done well in Jrs.

Some more names in the pipeline:

Adam Wilcox-G

Sam Warning-LW

Ryan Reilly-LC

Connor Reilly-LW

Travis Boyd-RC

Justin Holl-RD

Ryan Walters-LC

Here is SCSU's as far as I know:

Nick Jensen

Sorry, I got interupted before I finished.

Nick Jensen. Rogers, MN Good sized defenseman with a good +/- in USHL

Nic Dowd. Huntsville, AL Good sized forward scoring 1+ Pt/Gm in USHL

Cory Thorsen. Crystal, MN Good sized forward in NAHL

Cam Reid. Delta, BC Good sized forward scoring 1+ Pt/Gm in BCHL

Kevin Gravel. Kingsford, MI Defenseman USHL

Brandon Burrell. Brooklyn Park, MN Defenseman NAHL

Sounds like the rest of their recruits are playing juniors next year, as the Huskies are not graduating many. Don't think they will lose anyone to pros this year.

Brooks, who is going to make the biggest impact next year?

Forbort, Bjugsted, ambroz, Faulk, anyone else. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a guy on another team that gets more playing time. Seems like these oversized guys like Bjugsted take a year or 2 to develop and dont come out of the gates flying in college.

I think this Zucker guy might do well for Denver, 5-10, that is the size of a college player.

Some of the players that I'm been reading or hearing alot about in the WCHA recruits besides the ones you mention are:

Jason Clark F Wisconsin recruit-Shattuck St mary

Mark Zengerle-RC Wisconsin recruit-Salmon Arm(BCHL)

Beau Bennett-F Denver-Penticton Vees(BCHL)

Jaden Schwartz-F Colorado College-Tri City(USHL)

If UND has any room for Dillon Simpson D(top canadian recruit for his class) he will only be 17 next year but they make this kid sound like the next Jonathon Toews, very gifted. I haven't seen any of these players play ,its just what I read or hear from others.

I notice that big guys usually take longer as well. Look at Ben Blood this year from last. Just about every big has a slow freshman year. Erik johnson was one of the few big D who came in the league without struggles. Its kinda cool to size up the future competition.

I hope Budish does develop. He had a decent year on a pretty good line. I was a little disappointed with him, but not too bad. He had a year similar to what Lucia did his freshman year, but Lucia was on 3rd and 4th line. I think Budish has more talent than Lucia and that is why I am hopping he can develop.

Remember, Budish didn't play last year either due to a knee injury.

Yeah, he could have came back at the end of the season during the playoffs but opted to and better than sorry. I am sure he skated between April til captain's practice at the Mariucci. But playing competitive hockey with hitting is a little different. I would think he could gain most of his strength back but again I've never had a torn knee before so it's probably difficult to bounce back from that.

I thought he did pretty well this year but playing with Cepis and Schroeds helps. Hopefully he comes back strong next season.

Chay isn't a freshman but he will be excerising his medical redshirt and will be playing for UND next year.

UND's only problem now is how to make room for all the incoming freshman?

Prediction: Chay comes back a shell of his former self and is replaced on the 1st team WCHA, 1st Team All American, and WCHA Defensive Player of the Year by the Gophers Aaron Ness!!!

Only Kidding! Not even a gopher fan could say that with a strait face.