• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time yet for the tick juice

Tom7227

This early spring has me wondering if it's time to put the tick juice on yet. Thoughts?

There have been articles about trouble with some products. It seems likely to me that it involves instances of over application. But last spring I ran a check of a number of web sites and found a big spread in the prices. It got me wondering if the stuff was the same or whether it was some knock off with heavens knows what in it. It's nice to save some money but not if the stuff isn't up to standards. Any info on this subject floating around out there? I read the some federal agency was asked to look into it but I'll be even older and grayer before they come up with anything.

ticks are out like crazy, been picking them off the pooch left and right.

picked a bloated deer tick off of him tonight, i feel horrible for missing it as there's a slight rash around the area and i'm hoping hes not infected. Had his first round of his lymes shot a few weeks ago, we go back for the final on the 7th. He doesn't seem to be experiencing any symptoms, has plenty of energy/apetite.

What do you guys recommend for tick juice, frontline?

We used to use frontline,now I'm trying out the Vectra 3D.Always seemed to like Frontline until two of my wirehairs picked up lymes and an earlier case of Anaplasmosis.been through the Doxycylene(antibiotic) thing a couple times.Vectra 3 claims to "repel" and kill ticks etc.Swo many of the products out there kill ticks but, have to bite the animal first?

I'm to the point that I don't want to be In tick country until we have a solid freeze.there Is no guarantee'd way to protect from tick disease,we used tick juice and have always gotten the vet shots for tick's and still have picked it up...

Ours took a while in the mail to arrive, but we put K9 advantix on our dog this morning. Unfortunately for the cat, she has to be in the basement for a few days now, so she doesn't get any of the K9 on her.

Vet said thats ok, so long as they are kept separate for 2-3 days to make sure the cat will be alright.

K9 protects against so much more than Frontline, or we'd have gone with Frontline.

K9 advantix for dogs, K9 advantage is for cats.

Be careful about some of the "other" stuff. Last year I tried to save a few dollars and bought some at the FleetF store, don't remember the name right now. My dog had a bad reaction to it and after searching the internet about that brand I found many who said the same (remember, it is essentially an insecticide, with no FDA type oversight). I have ever "heard" of fatalities related to such. Please dont risk your guy's health for ten dollars.

(remember, it is essentially an insecticide, with no FDA type oversight).

You should straighten out your facts. These flea and tick products are FDA approved. There has been reactions to all the major brands. Like people, some dogs will react differently to things than other.

I'm not supporting any brand, but to say the FDA doesn't approve these products is just plain false.

picked a bloated deer tick off of him tonight, i feel horrible for missing it as there's a slight rash around the area and i'm hoping hes not infected. Had his first round of his lymes shot a few weeks ago, we go back for the final on the 7th. He doesn't seem to be experiencing any symptoms, has plenty of energy/apetite.

I have never found a tick on my dog since using frontline.

Originally Posted By: shnelson

I have never found a tick on my dog since using frontline.

I pulled the trigger on frontline last week - since putting it on him I have yet to find a tick. Prior to frontline I was picking at least 3-5 ticks off him daily - he hasn't shown any adverse side effects from it so I guess you could say I'm sold smile

we started pulling ticks off of our dog over two weeks ago. We do live next to a refuge where the bugs (especially ticks are very thick) the frontline plus does not keep ticks from being on your dog, it just kills them within 48 hours of biting the dog. K9 Advantix supposedly repels ticks and kills them once they bite but we need haven't used that. This is what i was told by our vet and he said not to overdose the dog or switch products until the previous cycle has worn off or it could harm the animal.

I will start ASAP after being in the woods today turkey hunting even with deep woods on both My son and I pulled off 20 plus ticks and 2 of them were deer ticks so the dogs will be getting treated ASAP