• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA underclassmen leaving early.

cbrooks

There three underclassmen that left the WCHA so far. Jordan Schroeder, Rob Bordson and Lee Baldwin freshman defensemen from AAU(has anyone heard of this guy).

Lee(1g9a)sign with the rangers.

I'm sure there will be a few more hopefully no UND players.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bordson surprised me. 40 points (12/28) in your junior year is a great accomplishment, but he had one goal in his first two SEASONS combined. 6'2" is a decent size for the NHL though. Fontaine is 5'11", so maybe he'll fly UNDER the radar for one more year and get signed after his senior season.

Was someone saying they thought Kristo, or was I day dreaming. I could see him leaving, I dont think he will. But I wouldnt be surprised. He looks as if he is always crying about something out there.

Schroeder wont be missed. I just hope the new gophers dont get recruited by teams that dont want their players to play for Lucia.

UND actually develops players, so you have a better chance of retaining them. So does Genoway get a redshirt and another year, or is that guy done.

Hopefully UMD can hang on to their guys, they are small in stature which helps.

The NHL is cherry picking our top talent earlier and earlier, not much we can do about it. As soon as a player shows some flashes of becoming and elite NCAA player they seem to be signed asap. Bordson is a great example, was undrafted and pretty much came out of no where this year. Can't blame the kid for signing a contract and collecting the $$$ while he can and NHL teams these days are more than willing to sign them. It just kind of sucks for college hockey because these guys are just starting to dominate at their level, chances are they wallow away in the minor for a few years and we never hear from them again. I really wonder how many guys never make the NHL that wish they could have gotten those 1-3 years of NCAA playing time back. If most cases if you are going to make it waiting a year or two isn't going to make that big of a deal, but again hard to blame the kids for following their dreams.

i grew up playing youth and high school hockey against bordson. i never thought he stood out and always thought he was over rated.. i was extremely surprised when i heard he was going to the USHL... even more surprised when i found out he was going to play in the WCHA... and now my jaw is on the floor after hearing news of him going to the Ducks. good for him though.. glad to see MN boys getting to the big show

Was someone saying they thought Kristo, or was I day dreaming. I could see him leaving, I dont think he will. But I wouldnt be surprised. He looks as if he is always crying about something out there.

Schroeder wont be missed. I just hope the new gophers dont get recruited by teams that dont want their players to play for Lucia.

UND actually develops players, so you have a better chance of retaining them. So does Genoway get a redshirt and another year, or is that guy done.

Hopefully UMD can hang on to their guys, they are small in stature which helps.

I was the one that thought maybe Kristo could leave after this season...I didn't see much whining from him, I don't know maybe I did not notice. Not too sure on Genoway, 9 games in the season he gets hurt but they were saying it was possible that he would be back this season in the NCAAs but I doubt he will play.

What is the max of games that you are eligible to redshirt?

I think it is still if you play in under 20% of season. I dont know if he is a whiner, they just showed him alot looking like he was going to cry. Complaining about penalties etc. I saw him go to the ref and looked like he was correcting the ref to get an assist. I always hated those guys.

Nonetheless, pretty good player that an NHL team might want to yank.

The official term is the "hardship waiver." And yes Genoway could play next year

The injury/illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than two contests or dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport), or 30% (whichever number is greater) of the institution's scheduled contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. Only scheduled competition (excluding exhibition contests and scrimmages) against outside participants during the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship, or, if so designated, during the official NCAA championship playing season in that sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), is countable in calculating the number of contests or dates of competition in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled contests or dates of competition during that season in the sport.

I've got a feeling that Chay Genoway will forgo his medical hardship IMO. He'll get a shot somewhere besides UND has a ton of talent at defense and more is coming next year Derek Forbort, Nick mattson and possibly Dillon Simpson(top canadain recuit for his class).

I think Duluth is gonna be good next year. Its too bad Rob Bordson left. Looking at there roster still have Jack and mike Connolly, Justin Fontaine Dylan Olsen and few others. I don't know what they have coming in but I notice they have few canucks on there roster nothing wrong with that. It should be fun to watch them next year.

In the Denver post this morning there saying the departure of the two Denver players are premature. Sounds like there coach is trying to talk them into staying another year...

The best recruiting jobs done in college hockey now are the ones that convince underclassmen to return to play one more year of college hockey or more. That is a tough sell to try and convince a 20 or 21 year old kid that he should pass up the 6 figure income for one more year of living in debt.

The best recruiting jobs done in college hockey now are the ones that convince underclassmen to return to play one more year of college hockey or more. That is a tough sell to try and convince a 20 or 21 year old kid that he should pass up the 6 figure income for one more year of living in debt.

No kidding, you would think a few of them would see that they are AHL bound (no 6 figures) but the NHL guys seem to get it into their heads the sooner they move up the sooner they play, which really isn't true. If the player is ready for the NHL he is ready. Forget all that development hype, you see it at every level, coach and scouts taking credit for development, I say its time to start giving more credit to the players.

Gee let's see, you have two choices you can come back for your Senior year and continue to eat frozen pizza and watch TV in your dorm room on rabbit ears or.... you can sign here for a huge cash bonus and a chance to play in the NHL....

Where do I sign?

I know Pier I know, it would just be nice for us college fans if a few more guys could stick around, you know how selfish us college puck fans can get. I've always said I don't blame the kids for leaving, I might do the same thing in their shoes. I would however say that "coming back for their Junior year" might be a little more common this day and age.

As said, Plus a few. These are most of the ones I know about and maybe one or two that havent signed yet.

colburne denver

weircioch? Denver

cheverie ? Denver

bordson duluth

jeff petry mich state

corey tropp mich state

Talbot Huntsville

Olver northern mich

Shcroder gophs

Ness ? Gophs

Marcou Mass

Newton northeastern