• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone gettin the "itch"?

Spring has sprung early this year. Even with the snow still clinging to the ground, I've been looking at the kayaks stored in the garage and wondering just how early I could get on a river and take a run this year.

What's the earliest anyone here has been out? I bet the Cannon is flowing freely and just waiting for the first canoe/kayak to take a float.... wink

I am. IDK the date but I have been out the day the ice went out on White Iron lake up by ely. There were shards and chunks of ice on the water still but it was good enough to paddle in. The river is flowing freely here in BC. It won't be long before the canoe has found its spot on top of my truck.

I've definitely got the itch...and while I'm lovin' the warm weather, I am not all that happy about the quality of the ice near the shorelines where I like to do my late-season ice fishing. It's usually the only thing that keeps me sane in the spring, and now it's looking like I'll have to forego my one simple pleasure.

But speaking of canoeing, I did the Sauk River yesterday here in St Cloud...some chunks of ice, some ice by the shorelines, but the river is ripping. Had a blast warming up the arms, shoulders, and back (I always forget just how out of shape my back/arms get when I don't paddle for months--and the gym doesn't seem to get quite the right muscles). I should say that I was also quite rusty--hit a few more rocks and trees than I'll ever admit to hitting...at least in a public forum. smile

I was thinking about taking the canoe out tomorrow or Wednesday but that doesn't look so likely anymore. The road I launch along and take out along is closed due to the pending flood. Then today the ice flows along the section were to thick for any travel.

Maybe next weekend.

Have not gotten out yet, but every day, every body of water I see on my way to work, I envision my canoe on it, the fishing, the burn in the shoulders, the sun on my face, the fishing, the whole deal. I can't wait. My goal is to get out tomorrow.