• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend fun with the kids

Scoot

I got up to our archery range this past weekend with my kids. My son, Ryan, is five and he comes up there a lot with me. He did his usual routine of flinging arrows at the 3D range.

DSC00540.jpg

But, we got my two year old daughter Morgan up there this weekend for the first time. She liked the open spaces and did a lot of running and dancing around.

DSC00542.jpg

With some convincing from Ryan, we eventually got her to fling about a dozen arrows.

DSC00545.jpg

Definitely not a huge accomplishment, but I'd call the trip a success. Baby steps...

Haha!!! That's pretty funny! I'm colorblind, so I didn't even see it. Fun Dip is the answer! On the way to the club each kid got a treat- Morgan had M&Ms and Ryan got Fun Dip-- in case you don't know, it's candy that has a couple pouches full of colored granular sugar (the last of which was obviously green) and a hard candy stick that the kids lick, then stick in the pouch to get at the colored sugar. Per usual, Ryan mowed down the stick before he ran out of sugar. He apparently used his pointer finger on his right hand to dig out the rest of the green stuff!

Haha!!! That's pretty funny! I'm colorblind, so I didn't even see it. Fun Dip is the answer! On the way to the club each kid got a treat- Morgan had M&Ms and Ryan got Fun Dip-- in case you don't know, it's candy that has a couple pouches full of colored granular sugar (the last of which was obviously green) and a hard candy stick that the kids lick, then stick in the pouch to get at the colored sugar. Per usual, Ryan mowed down the stick before he ran out of sugar. He apparently used his pointer finger on his right hand to dig out the rest of the green stuff!

Dude, I'm a elem teacher.. I know what fun dip is.. 8-)

Yeah, I hope to have lots of fun with both of them chasing critters with our bows. I've brought Ryan in the stand/blind a few times- it's fun, but not a good way to try shoot a deer! He's a typical five year old- can't sit still, fidgety, gets bored after 20 minutes... It's still fun to bring him though.

Yep, I had him scored- 154 3/8. I struggled with whether or not to get him mounted or not. I let him sit in the freezer for over two months wondering if I could swing the money to mount him. I finally bit the bullet and brought him in a couple weeks ago. I hope he makes a nice mount!

Yep. I've shot a few nice eight pointers, but they wouldn't crack the P & Y mark. I never got my biggest one (before last year) scored- he'd have been pretty close. Unfortunately, someone stole his rack out of my parent's garage in the late 90's. He wasn't huge by most people's standards, but he was a trophy to me!

I rattled in that buck and shot him at two yards. ...and, I was on the ground! I put a nice, clean quarter sized hole through his heart. It was with a buddy of mine on land that we can no longer hunt (another group of hunters ruined it for everyone, like most of the places I used to be able to go to around Fisher). He and I hauled it out from a creek bottom up to the truck and it about killed us! Great memories! Unfortunately, no rack to show for it anymore. frown

Hmmmm... I seem to be in a rambling mood tonight! blush So, to answer your question- yes, my first P & Y and I hope not my last! If I hadn't screwed up my first dozen or more chances at P & Y bucks, he wouldn't be my first. Oh well, maybe I'm older and wiser and I'll make good on my next dozen chances (yeah, right).