• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On-line taxes

We've paid an accounting firm to do our taxes the last few years but they became a lot less complicated now so I'm going to do them myself this year. What on-line service do the rest of you use? I'm kind of looking at TaxAct right now, any plusses or minuses to using that one?

I've used Turbo Tax for over 15 years now and like that one. I know they have an online version, but I've always gotten the software. Depending on what form you're filing, some of them are free (I think short form only).

I have used tax act for about 8 years now Cheap and easy. I help about 4 others with theirs as well with no problems. e-file is flwawless.

The only thing I can recomend is read everything. If you are not clear read it again and figure it out before continuing. Alwasy double check your numbers entered. I almost got back 18000 one year because of a couple added zeros in the right spots.

Good luck and enjoy the savings

Just hope you don't loss your internet connection. Happened to a friend after he spent over an hour filling it out.

This is the main reason that I haven't gone with an online only tax filing product yet. I hold my breath when e-filing...

I'm pretty sure TaxAct saves everything as you go as well.

Not sure why anyone would even question the security and dependability of an e-file nowadays... Dang near everything in this world now is electronic. [PoorWordUsage]... there's more likelihood of your letter getting lost in the mail. But thats never happened to anyone before. wink

As for data entry, it doesn't have to be a one shot deal... I can come and go as often as I want to complete the return. When you submit, you get confirmation e-mails saying everything went alright.

Turbo tax user for years until finding Taxact. Used Taxact last

year and it saves your return every time you log off. Free federal filing and its only $14.99 to file state. Was paying way

to much to use Turbotax.