• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera carrier for an archery app. question

I LOVE to bowhunt. More and more, I've been taking a lot of pictures in the field when I bowhunt. I'm looking for something that will let me take some pics and tuck my camera with minimal movement, then get/draw my bow pretty easily. Basically, I need a way to rig my camera in the tree stand or on my body that'll let me take a pic and duck the camera with minimal movement. Importantly, the case/carrier has to be super quiet, which is unlike virtually all of the material I see in camera cases.

I've tried just hanging the camera around my neck by the strap, but that doesn't work because I'm afraid the camera will catch the string of my bow when I shoot. I also can't use the strap and put the camera behind my back (while hanging by the strap) because it requires too much movement.

Any suggestions on something I could put up high on my chest or my left arm that would support a camera, that I could tuck the camera in with one hand, and that would not make a sound when I tucked the camera in it? Or... something else? Any suggestions appreciated!

Can you figure a way to attach your camera to a binocular harness? You wouldn't be putting the camera away when you finished using it, but it would be snugged up to your chest. The camera gear companies have a variety of harnesses as well.

Can you figure a way to attach your camera to a binocular harness? You wouldn't be putting the camera away when you finished using it, but it would be snugged up to your chest. The camera gear companies have a variety of harnesses as well.

I've used this type of thing in the past and it worked really well.

I would suggest checking out the Cotton Carrier. It holds the camera tight to the chest and eliminates the need for a neck strap. I don't bow hunt so I don't know how it would work in that situation but I know it sure makes get around in woods a whole lot easier.

You can check them out of the internet they have a complete set of vidios show how it works

Black Rapid makes strap that allows you to carry an SLR at your hip and draw it quickly. I love mine for the SLR. I also have shoulder harness for binos that came from cabelas. It came with two attachment points to snug your binos to your chest, bit it also came with a heavier duty hook that you could attach to your stabilizing arm and the camera should drop to your armpit when you draw. I have used the bino hook to hold an SLR with a 70-300mm zoom lens while using multiple cameras to shoot bicycle races, so it should be more than capable of holding a P&S. Those are my thoughts, good luck.

An easier fix, when I had my SLR I lengthened the strap, then slung it over my my head, hanging on my left shoulder. That way the camera hung under my right arm. (I'm right handed and shoot right handed) You can almost push it behind you if you have too. This is how I carry my binocs now and prefer it to them hanging on my chest.