• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have had the best luck with with AA3100 powder using Barnes 100 TSX. I tried IRM 4350, RL19, RL22 and RL25 but AA3100 gives the best accuracy and highest velocity. You don't need a 115 gr bullet if you get a well constructed 100 bullet. My load is at max pushing the 100 bullet at 3450 fps. The 25-06 kills like nothing I have ever seen.

The bullets you listed of course will get the job done no doubt, but when pushing the bullet along at the higher velocities you want a Nosler Partition or a Barnes TSX bullet.

You are going to love the 25-06.

I reload for my 25-06 and have good luck with IMR 4350, IMR 4831, and H4831sc with the 75-100 grain bullets.

I can't really say anything bad about the Alliant Powders (Re 22, 19, etc..) because I have yet to try them. I guess the IMR powders worked so well, so I settled with them.

My favorite loads are..

Predator Loads

75 Vmax- 56 grains IMR 4831 COAL- 3.150

87 Sierra Varminter- 57 grains IMR 4831

Deer Load

100 Speer B.Tails- 54 grains IMR 4831

The 25-06 is one helluva caliber for medium sized game. Some will argue that it's capable of taking larger game as well. Personally, I like it for deer and coyotes. If I ever go on an elk hunt, I'll have another excuse to buy another gun!

BTW- The new SD state record mule deer was taken with a 25-06 last year at over 500 yards!

It's a fun caliber, that is for sure.

Good buy, I love mine! Rem. 700 w/ Leupold Mark III? 4-12x. Kills deer dead with a 115gr. Not sure on the bullet, my uncle handloads 'em for me, but it's an moa rifle at 250-300 yards. I have noticed my rifle tends to string when it gets hot, but how many times do ya shoot 5-10 times at a deer? smile

remember that when someone lists a hand load that works for them that it does not mean it will work in your gun. it may be a good starting point but the nice thing about hand loading is that you can fine tune a load to your specific rifle. I had a rifle and I made up a load for it and then bumped that load up a few 10th of a grain and if opened up the group alot. so also remember the hottest load IS NOT always the best.