• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATT iphone coverage

If you live fairly close to I-94 you might be alright, but otherwise AT&T's coverage is very poor at best, and data coverage in that area is so poor it would render an iPhone practically useless.

Looking at the carrier maps (assuming they are accurate) Verizon by far has the best coverage across all of Minnesota. T-Mobile lags behind by a fair margin but is still pretty good and comes in 2nd. Sprint is right on the heals of T-Mobile in 3rd, and AT&T is the worst by a considerable margin.

By surface area I'd say it looks like Verizon covers about 90% of the state, T-Mobile about 75%, Sprint about 70%, and AT&T is only about 50% (though they do have roaming in a lot of the uncovered regions).

That's not quite accurate. Sprint and Verizon's data network far surpasses T-Mobile's by a mile.

Sprint often gets the short end of the stick but they actually have one of the larger, more reliable data networks in the nation as tested by independent parties.

I was going by the coverage maps mostly and rhetoric second. I've always had Sprint and the coverage is pretty good. I've heard good things about T-Mobiles coverage (though bad things about it's customer support). I hear lots of complaints about AT&T's coverage though.

So the big question I have for Apple is: why in the ---- did they go with ATT??

Apple was paid big bucks by AT&T. My brother has one and has coverage in Fairmont and Mankato. He lives in Sarasota, Fl though. I think his service in other parts around here is spotty

Heres how bigga bucks:

Apple created the device during a secretive and unprecedented collaboration with AT&T Mobility—Cingular Wireless at the time—at an estimated development cost of US$150 million over thirty months.

T-mobile multi-band phones will roll over onto AT&T (or other GSM) network while roaming outside of the T-Mobile network. Their own network really isn't that big but they do have decent customer service. So, if an AT&T phone works, your T-Mobile one will as well and vice versa. I've been with them since '97 and am happy with them. Easy enough to jailbreak an iPhone to work on GSM network if you didn't want to pay the AT&T rates

I have the iphone, I cant speak for western Mn, since I dont go there much, but I get good reception from Iowa to Northern MN, and in Wisconsin as well. I wouldnt use those coverage maps they post for any reference, in my home town, it says I dont get coverage, but I get full signal, the Verizon phone, shows good coverage with their map, but it is very weak, if there is any at all.