• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Schmidt back on 5

MarkAlm

Just anounced at midday news that he is coming back to channel 5 soon.

At least 1 sportscaster that knows which end of the fishing rod hangs out the boat. That is one thing I dont get about the local news, fishing and hunting being such a part of who we are and it is not covered at all!

i think he was workin for himself

i saw him on herbeks show he quit 5 for health reasons

and i think he beat it or something

ya it was kinda fun he was at 5 him and herbek and those guys use to come up here for opening

i use to see them at bar down the road fri night

usally a guy i know was like there guide i'm glad hes back at 5

cuz i dont like any sportcasters other than rosen

he not an outdoorsman tho thats for sure

or much of a nascar fan either

joe use to go out to elko once in awhile

Will he be coming back as an Anchor or a Sports Guy? He had actually made the move to the anchor desk as their Main 6:00pm News Guy about a year before he left the Number 5.

I remeber his last broadcast, stangely. I think he did say he was leaving to work for Petters. I beleve they were pretty good friends. The health thing came up after he left but I think he beat it, it was some type of cancer I think.

I always liked Joe, glad to hear he'll be back...

He works for Sun Country Airlines. He's like the Caribbean vacation promoter/spokesmen for the airlines.

Great guy, he once pulled up to one of my garage sales in his convertible and bought some "new" youth sporting equipment he was going to be giving away to needy youths.

Yeah,

Joe Schmidt and Eric Gisslason (sp?) were the best tandem sports guys when it came to the outdoors. Now Gisslason is exclusively an outdoors guy with Kent Hrbek outdoors and other outdoor programming. I always liked Joe's live broadcasts from the fishing opener at Gull Lake.

She was pretty much relegated to part time weekends - they didn't renew her contract for weekday primetime.

Didn't really care for her personally, would much rather look at the eye candy on Kare 11!!!